Activation today

ja...@vlasak.org

Sep 2, 2010, 4:37:08 PM9/2/10
to HL SOTA
Good morning all--

I had the urge--and the weather looks fair (for once!) so I'm going up to 천호산 HL/JB-140 (501.1m, 2 points) nearby 익산 this morning (in the next few hours).

Thanks to DS4QBE's antenna analyzer, I have ***finally*** managed to tune my HF antenna, at least on 40 meters.  So, today I will be testing my setup on 7MHz, probably around 7050/7060 thereabouts, depending on other traffic.

If that doesn't work, I'll still have 2m to fall back on.

So, hopefully around 7am this morning I'll be on 7 MHz--signal reports would be much appreciated (since this is one of the first times using this antenna:  Buddistick vertical)

73 de HL4/W2VLA

PS:  Tomorrow, Saturday, I'm going to 금산 for the 인삼축제, and am leaving extra early to do an activation on HL/CN-005 진악산 (4 points).  If 40m goes well today, I may continue that tomorrow, in addition to 2m.  The XYL is coming with, so I expect to be on the air around 9am/10am.

--
jason at vlasak dot org