Re: Re: [hl9_amateurs] HL1/W7VOA

ja...@vlasak.org

Aug 6, 2010, 1:23:36 AM8/6/10
to hl9_am...@yahoogroups.com, hl-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, after studying the forecasts and counting my luck, I've decided to displace my Saturday SOTA activation further south to HL/CN-003 계룡산, 845m, 6 points from my former idea of a Seoul summit.

Rain is the game slated for Seoul until tomorrow evening, and the XYL made a double-date lunch appointment after the hamfest on Sunday, so there are numerous factors contributing to this.  However, I will be bringing a more powerful rig, and this mountain stands apart on its own away from most of the mountains in the area, so I should be able to hit Seoul no problem on VHF.

I believe the trailhead is at about 100m ASL so it's not a quick climb starting at a higher pass, so if I'm on the trail by 6, I should be on the air by 8:30 or 9, for a couple of hours before the afternoon showers hit.

Hope to see some of you on the air tomorrow, then!  I'll be calling on 145--from 8:30 onwards--

73 de HL4/W2VLA
Jason.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:35 PM, ja...@vlasak.org <ja...@vlasak.org> wrote:
Well--I'm definitely going to be at the junk market.  I've been checking the weather now which calls for rain on Saturday, but without any firm details.  So, at this point, either tomorrow or Friday when I can see more clearly (hour by hour) what the predictions are, I'll decide if I will activate Saturday, or it gets pushed to Sunday (...something I wouldn't look forward to, because of the aforementioned market, plus I wanted to climb something higher, requiring more time...).

The long and short is:  yes, a post to the KARL site is welcome--I'll indicate the schedule when I get more wx info in the next couple of days.

As for the repeater, I may use it to get a CQ out and spot myself on whatever freq I'll be on that day...

2010/8/4 Yong Surk Lee <yon...@yonsei.ac.kr>

What is your schedule this Sat and Sunday? I can post your SOTA activation schedule at KARL site.
Could you give approximate time of you activation? Are you coming to Seoul junk market? i may not be in Seoul this weekend. I may be at Daecheon.
Also please try the 145.4/144.7 repeater.

--
jason at vlasak dot org

--
jason at vlasak dot org

ja...@vlasak.org

Aug 6, 2010, 1:57:51 AM8/6/10
to hl9_am...@yahoogroups.com, hl-...@googlegroups.com
One last change of plans (but not change of times):  CN-003 Gyeryongsan's summit is currently off-limits (until when, the parks personnel could not tell me) and the highest /accessible/ peak is not within the activation zone (25m drop from highest point) so I'll head next door (not really) to Daedunsan, CN-002, 878m, 6 points.

Shame the closing wasn't listed on the website, but good thing I called!

Yong Surk Lee

Aug 6, 2010, 4:42:38 AM8/6/10
to hl-...@googlegroups.com
So what time do do you expect to start CQ from Daedunsan?
And where is Daedunsan located? I need these informations to post
at KARL site.
Aug 6, 2010, 7:01:35 AM8/6/10
to hl-...@googlegroups.com

I'll start calling CQ around 8:30 or so...here's the info!

Thanks!

Summit Information for HL/CN-002

Daedunsan (Macheondae) - 879m, 6 points

Association: South Korea  Region: Chungnam
Latitude: 36 7 30 N, Longitude: 127 19 12 E

Today's Sunrise: 20:40 UTC, Today's Sunset: 10:32 UTC

To see the distance and bearing of this summit from your home QTH, please
enter your home longitude and home latitude on the Edit Account form.
Google Map | Open in Google Earth

ja...@vlasak.org

Aug 7, 2010, 10:40:19 AM8/7/10
to hl-...@googlegroups.com, hl9_am...@yahoogroups.com
Activation completed!  Thanks for the 11 QSOs, even up through Seoul and Gyeonggi on 10W--

The first batch of pictures has been posted at http://w2vla.wordpress.com/

More to come later.  See you all at the hamfest tomorrow morning!

73 de HL4/W2VLA/P3

Ui Sun Hwang

Aug 7, 2010, 7:21:04 PM8/7/10
to hl-...@googlegroups.com