Activation this morning

ja...@vlasak.org

Aug 25, 2010, 6:00:03 PM8/25/10
to HL SOTA
Greetings all--

just a quick note:  I'm going on a hike this morning with friends and plan to activate JB-192 on 2m.  I should be on the air around 9:30 am.

It's only one point, but just a simple & fun "in the middle of the week" (or "before the upcoming rainy weekend") hike.

The actual summit to be activated is 용화산 (342m) and not 용리산 (that will be fixed in the next update.

FYI:  용화산 is above the 서동 영화세트 Seo-dong movie filming set, an outdoor traditional "village" used to record the popular historical drama "Seo-dong"

See you on the air!

73 de HL4/W2VLA

Summit Information for HL/JB-192

Yongnisan - 307m, 1 point

Association: South Korea  Region: Jeonbuk
Latitude: 36 1 20 N, Longitude: 127 3 59 E

Today's Sunrise: 20:56 UTC, Today's Sunset: 10:10 UTC

Relative to home QTH: 10.9 km, 51 degrees
Google Map | Open in Google Earth

Resources

Feel free to add external links External Link and articles relating to this summit that activators and chasers may find useful or interesting. Please read the disclaimer notice at the bottom of the page.

--
jason at vlasak dot org

ja...@vlasak.org

Aug 26, 2010, 12:33:54 AM8/26/10
to HL SOTA
Sorry to say, today's attempt was not a success...no sooner did I mount my yagi antenna to the post on the summit and go to plug it into the rig did we hear the first thunder...

The timing was perfect!  So, I proceeded to dismantle my freshly assembled antenna, have a bite of ramen with my cohorts, call CQ on the HT (with no takers--at all) and start going down the mountain.  Ten minutes later, the rain came, with more lightning.  Fifteen minutes later it was coming down in buckets.  We had a good fun time getting soaked (no problems with waterproof backpacks).  Then right when we got into the car, the rain stopped.

Thank you, Murphy, for looking over me!

Eh.  Until next time, right?  There will be one, but not with this weekend's forecast--it'll have to wait ;)

73 de HL4/W2VLA