Issue on installing rubyzip

Carfield Yim

Jun 17, 2014, 11:24:15 PM6/17/14
to hk...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I get some ruby script need to handle some zip file, when I running this:

                ZipUtils.list tempfile

I get following error:

                "unable to list zip file"

I am not sure if my machine installed RubyZip or not, thus I try to install it again,

D:\Ruby192\bin>gem.bat install rubyzip
ERROR:  http://rubygems.org/ does not appear to be a repository
ERROR:  Could not find a valid gem 'rubyzip' (>= 0) in any repository

Then I try to download the package and install it, I get following error:

C:\Temp\rubyzip-0.9.4>D:\Ruby192\bin\ruby install.rb
D:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/1.9.1/fileutils.rb:841:in `install': wrong number of argumen
ts (4 for 3) (ArgumentError)
        from install.rb:21:in `block in <main>'
        from install.rb:18:in `each'
        from install.rb:18:in `<main>'

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

3dd13

Jun 18, 2014, 12:01:56 AM6/18/14
to hk...@googlegroups.com

3dd13

Jun 18, 2014, 12:02:48 AM6/18/14
to hk...@googlegroups.com
it should be https to solve that particular error

"ERROR:  http://rubygems.org/ does not appear to be a repository"

3dd13

Jun 18, 2014, 12:09:02 AM6/18/14
to hk...@googlegroups.com
hi Carfield,

could you upload your source file to github and let us have a look ?

Cheers,
Eddie

Carfield Yim

Jun 18, 2014, 12:21:17 AM6/18/14
to hk...@googlegroups.com
How can I ask it not to use http but https?

Carfield Yim

Jun 18, 2014, 12:21:52 AM6/18/14
to hk...@googlegroups.com
Sorry... I cannot.... don't think that piece is code can put on line....