Junior developer seeking next adventure!

Emma Williams

Jan 15, 2015, 1:52:02 PM1/15/15
to hk...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I wanted to reach out because i am looking for my next adventure. I am a UK based Junior developer looking to spend some time abroad and immersed in a different culture and learn from innovative thinkers. I came to coding few years ago from a music background and after working in theatre as a sound engineer. After spending a year teaching myself to code i gained a place at a highly competitive web development bootcamp course in London and i was able to attend after crowdfunding the fees. I received job offers within eight weeks of graduating. Following this i worked as the sole developer for a startup in London where i built an e commerce marketplace for the company who unfortunately had to cease due to financial reasons. Although most of my experience is in Ruby and Rails i am a fast and incredibly dedicated learner and just want to build upon these skills i have learnt. I code every day and I regularly use Github and i am familiar with implementing APIs and using cloud platforms. If anyone could offer any advice it would be most appreciated!

Github: Em01
Thanks

Matthew Rudy Jacobs

Jan 19, 2015, 5:52:26 AM1/19/15
to hk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emma,
this mailing list is pretty dead.

You're better of chatting on Codeaholics instead

Hong Kong has a growing tech scene, but its nothing like London.
There are fewer jobs, the projects are smaller in scale, and the pay isn't as good.

But if you're looking for experience, and want to dip your toes into Asia, Hong Kong is a beautiful place to start.

Matthew Rudy Jacobs

Jan 19, 2015, 5:52:42 AM1/19/15
to hk...@googlegroups.com
Ah,