書目管理軟體 Citation Software - Zotero

Haggen So

Jun 11, 2009, 10:04:25 PM6/11/09
to hkme...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

之前開會時談到的書目管理軟件 Citation Software 叫 Zotero - http://www.zotero.org/ 大家可看看demo短片。

這個軟件內置於Firefox,
可以按一個組合鍵就可以登記和備份正在瀏覽的網頁,甚至可以自動找出作者日期等資料。不過這個自動找出資料的功能多是在美國的大站可用
(http://www.zotero.org/translators/)。不過因為是自由軟件的原故,可以自己編程,支援新的網站
(http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/creating_translators_for_sites)。當然,登記了的網頁可以以一般學術上常用格式輸出。大家可以試下。

Haggen

Jerry~Yuyu

Jun 12, 2009, 2:18:57 AM6/12/09
to hkme...@googlegroups.com
some personal question

I wonder if it support media stuff like cd and dvds :P
Jerry~雨雨
Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan, ARAD
User:Yuyu | zh.wikipedia | Wikimedia HK
Blogger | http://jeromyu.blogspots.com
MSN: jerom...@msn.com
also Jeromyu on twitter, plurk and most of places

Tel: +852 9279 1601
Laudamus quae laudentur

Haggen So

Jun 12, 2009, 2:28:10 AM6/12/09
to hkme...@googlegroups.com
Yuyu,

It supports online stores like Amazon. So you can find the CD or DVD
page on the store and make it a reference. It will be a reference to
the CD or DVD, not the Amazon page.

Haggen

Chitat Chan

Jun 12, 2009, 4:54:47 AM6/12/09
to hkme...@googlegroups.com
hi Haggen, I just took a brief look and it sounds good,
I have been using endnote, what do you think comparing it with Endnote?
Any off-line backup?

2009/6/12 Haggen So <hagg...@gmail.com>:
--
________________________________

魔媒體實驗室
http://tagmobmedia.blogspot.com

vhung

Jun 12, 2009, 5:25:47 AM6/12/09
to 媒體x教育
I am trying it. It seems that for some website, the APA citation can
come out, but some cannot. I am still not sure the output format.
However, I like the tagging function, something similar to delicious.

Vincent

On 6月12日, 下午4時54分, Chitat Chan <chitatc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Haggen, I just took a brief look and it sounds good,
> I have been using endnote, what do you think comparing it with Endnote?
> Any off-line backup?
>
> 2009/6/12 Haggen So <hagge...@gmail.com>:
>

> > Yuyu,
>
> > It supports online stores like Amazon. So you can find the CD or DVD
> > page on the store and make it a reference. It will be a reference to
> > the CD or DVD, not the Amazon page.
>
> > Haggen
>
> > 2009/6/12 Jerry~Yuyu <jerry.tschan...@gmail.com>:
> >> some personal question
>
> >> I wonder if it support media stuff like cd and dvds :P
> >> Jerry~雨雨
> >> Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan, ARAD
> >> User:Yuyu | zh.wikipedia | Wikimedia HK
> >> Blogger |http://jeromyu.blogspots.com
> >> MSN: jeromyuc...@msn.com
> >> also Jeromyu on twitter, plurk and most of places
>
> >> Tel: +852 9279 1601
> >> Laudamus quae laudentur

> --
> ________________________________
>
> 魔媒體實驗室http://tagmobmedia.blogspot.com- 隱藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 顯示被引用文字 -

Haggen So

Jun 12, 2009, 5:49:57 AM6/12/09
to hkme...@googlegroups.com
Hi ChiTat,

The last time I tested it was about 1 year ago. This is a newer test
report http://blog.tiney.com/?p=2145

Zotero has nearly all the basic features. It is just some of the minor
corner cases that Endnote is better. As Endnote is available to all
staff in HKU, I am still using it, but I will test Zotero again in the
near future and look for opportunities to migrate. On the other hand,
I could have started my PhD with Zotero and I did not have to buy a
copy of Endnote 8 after I graduated a few years ago. I also believe
that Zotero suits the needs of LS students. I wonder if there is a
standard citation format for IES? Even if it is not similar any common
formats such as APA, Zotero is Free/Open Source and we can add the IES
format to it.

There is online sync system and for backup, please refer to
http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#how_do_i_back_up_my_zotero_library

Regards

Haggen