Bad markup, or problem with my xml lib?

1 view

Dirk Olbertz

Mar 9, 2008, 8:14:32 AM3/9/08
to hkit-discuss
Hi there,

I played around with the newest 0.5 release and tried it with Davids
page: http://www.davidrecordon.com/

I get a lot of warnings and errors (loadSimpleXML() returns false
sometimes, but this is not catched) and no result at all.

When using the Operator-FF-PlugIn, it does not complain and shows me
Davids hCard.

So, I'm wondering if this is a problem of my installation, or because
of the maybe lazy markup on Davids page - don't mean to offend you :-)

phpinfo() gives me the following results on my local machine:
libXML support => active
libXML Version => 2.6.27
libXML streams => enabled

xml
XML Support => active
XML Namespace Support => active
libxml2 Version => 2.6.27

xmlreader
XMLReader => enabled

xmlwriter
XMLWriter => enabled

xsl
XSL => enabled
libxslt Version => 1.1.20
libxslt compiled against libxml Version => 2.6.27
EXSLT => enabled
libexslt Version => 1.1.20

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Dirk

Drew McLellan

Mar 9, 2008, 2:00:21 PM3/9/08
to hkit-discuss
Hey Dirk

It seems to be working ok for me:
http://tools.microformatic.com/query/plain/hkit/http://www.davidrecordon.com/

Which method of tidying are you using?
Could you list the exact text of the first error you encounter?

Also, you may wish to try the latest version from SVN, although I
don't think it will have any influence on the problems you're having.

Drew.

Dirk Olbertz

Mar 9, 2008, 2:17:52 PM3/9/08
to hkit-discuss
Hi Drew,

On 9 Mrz., 19:00, Drew McLellan <drew.mclel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to be working ok for me:http://tools.microformatic.com/query/plain/hkit/http://www.davidrecor...
>
> Which method of tidying are you using?

I'm using "none" and also tried "proxy". I don't have tidy installed
and was going to use http://htmlpurifier.org/ for my application.

So, I guess it is the tidying-thing and I will try to get it up and
running with tidy and afterwards try it with the htmlpurifier. If that
works, too, I will sned you a patch, so that support for that would
possible in hkit, too.

Cheers,
Dirk