Dalai Lama's Views On Economic Meltdown.

1 view

Peter Terpstra

Jan 16, 2009, 2:43:05 PM1/16/09
January 16, 2009

Oneindia - Tamil Nadu
January 15, 2009

Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama attributes degenerating morals as the
underlying cause for the current global economic woes.

The Buddhist spiritual leader said to Buddhist students in Varanasi that
selfishness, lack of spiritual and cultural values are the key factors for
the current crisis in the world's financial markets. He said at a gathering
of 20,000 students at the Central Institute of Higher Tibetan
Studies : "People have become selfish and materialistic, which has led to
the economic slowdown".

The Dalai Lama said that people have forgotten that their own fortunes were
connected with others. He is of the view that the solution lay in
recoganising our interdependence, valuing education and caring for natural
environment.

He also pointed out that people needed to divert their interest from huge
consumerism and give up being selfish. He emphasized the fact that to
survive and be happy, one should live with an attitude to survive together.
It is basically to live and let live in the best possible way.

Source:
http://www.tibet.ca/en/newsroom/wtn/5253

--
"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not
judge the universe."

rst9

Jan 16, 2009, 3:26:18 PM1/16/09
What does a religious leader know about economics?
If he knows, he wouldn't be a beggar.

Gods and Monkeys

Jan 16, 2009, 4:00:06 PM1/16/09
On Jan 16, 11:43 am, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:

Yes. Buddhist are renowned for their business savvy and the wealth
they've
created in Buddhist countries. Prosperous Buddhist countries like -
Neverexistedland,
South Fantasia, Outer Nirvania, and the United States of Selflessness.

ltlee1

Jan 16, 2009, 4:12:55 PM1/16/09
On Jan 16, 2:43 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
>  January 16, 2009
>
> Oneindia - Tamil Nadu
> January 15, 2009
>
> Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama attributes degenerating morals as the
> underlying cause for the current global economic woes.
>
> The Buddhist spiritual leader said to Buddhist students in Varanasi that
> selfishness, lack of spiritual and cultural values are the key factors for
> the current crisis in the world's financial markets. He said at a gathering
> of 20,000 students at the Central Institute of Higher Tibetan
> Studies : "People have become selfish and materialistic, which has led to
> the economic slowdown".

Some one needs to teach him economics. Selfishness and materialistism
are the two pillars of capitalism/market economy.

> The Dalai Lama said that people have forgotten that their own fortunes were
> connected with others. He is of the view that the solution lay in
> recoganising our interdependence, valuing education and caring for natural
> environment.
>
> He also pointed out that people needed to divert their interest from huge
> consumerism and give up being selfish. He emphasized the fact that to
> survive and be happy, one should live with an attitude to survive together.
> It is basically to live and let live in the best possible way.

Good point. Everyone should behave like him and recieve CIA handouts
like him.

Peter Terpstra

Jan 16, 2009, 4:33:12 PM1/16/09
ltlee1 in
<b5b7d96c-6f6c-431a...@e25g2000vbe.googlegroups.com> :

> Good point. Everyone should behave like him and recieve CIA handouts
> like him.

50 cents for mister Lee :-)

Kind regards,

Peter

TFK

Jan 16, 2009, 4:36:48 PM1/16/09
CCP bum boy nei !!!!!!!!!!!

"ltlee1" <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

bmo...@nyx.net

Jan 16, 2009, 5:19:33 PM1/16/09
On Jan 16, 1:12 pm, ltlee1 <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2:43 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
>
> >  January 16, 2009
>
> > Oneindia - Tamil Nadu
> > January 15, 2009
>
> > Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama attributes degenerating morals as the
> > underlying cause for the current global economic woes.
>
> > The Buddhist spiritual leader said to Buddhist students in Varanasi that
> > selfishness, lack of spiritual and cultural values are the key factors for
> > the current crisis in the world's financial markets. He said at a gathering
> > of 20,000 students at the Central Institute of Higher Tibetan
> > Studies : "People have become selfish and materialistic, which has led to
> > the economic slowdown".
>
> Some one needs to teach him economics. Selfishness and materialistism
> are the two pillars of capitalism/market economy.

Not only does LT Lie not get it, he doesn't even know that there is an
"it" to get.

> > The Dalai Lama said that people have forgotten that their own fortunes were
> > connected with others. He is of the view that the solution lay in
> > recoganising our interdependence, valuing education and caring for natural
> > environment.
>
> > He also pointed out that people needed to divert their interest from huge
> > consumerism and give up being selfish. He emphasized the fact that to
> > survive and be happy, one should live with an attitude to survive together.
> > It is basically to live and let live in the best possible way.
>
> Good point. Everyone should behave like him and recieve CIA handouts
> like him.

Nice straw man, LT. The Dalai Lama is right and your dumb blind
predjudice prevents you from ever getting a clue.

> > Source:http://www.tibet.ca/en/newsroom/wtn/5253
>
> > --
> > "I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not
> > judge the universe."

> > »Dalai Lama«- Hide quoted text -

ltlee1

Jan 16, 2009, 5:41:19 PM1/16/09
On Jan 16, 4:36 pm, "TFK" <tfkmjk6...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> CCP bum boy nei !!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to discuss issues or to defend the DL's view like People

have become selfish and materialistic, which has led to the economic

slowdown", please do. I am all ears.

If you want to discuss me, take a number and wait to be called.

bmo...@nyx.net

Jan 16, 2009, 7:01:04 PM1/16/09
On Jan 16, 2:41 pm, ltlee1 <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 4:36 pm, "TFK" <tfkmjk6...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > CCP bum boy nei !!!!!!!!!!!
>
> If you want to discuss issues or to defend the DL's view like People
> have become selfish and materialistic, which has led to the economic
> slowdown", please do. I am all ears.

Your ears don't work.

> If you want to discuss me, take a number and wait to be called.

The number is called. Discuss LT Lie all you like. He fucks up
discussions with his bullshit, so he brings this upon himself, his
whining notwithstanding.

We know, LT. You're pathetically transparent.

bak yim sing

Jan 16, 2009, 7:38:58 PM1/16/09
I would have a different view.

The current economic meltdown only shows the Sunyata
(emptiness) of the real world. It also shows attachment
is the root of all unhappiness. About seven to eight months
ago, it was all prosperity all over China and Hong Kong
and seven to eight months later, it is all miseries all over.

Spiritually, the middle way - not to get too over excited
during good times, or not to get too over miserable during
bad times - is the key to happiness.

Also, the key to happiness is to lead a simple life. Over
consumptionism is the cause of the current meltdown.
It is because just a few months ago, we are complaining
the shortage of everything - from oil, to food staples, clean
water, raw materials etc. The financial meltdown is only
a catalyst. The roots of the meltdown was sown a decade
ago.

No matter what, the current meltdown cannot be worse than
if a meteorite coming to strike our earth again which created
our pacific ocean ages ago. We should be thankful instead
because this had not happened yet.

Enjoy our current meltdown and practice our detachement.
Life will adjust and can adjust.

RichAsianKid

Jan 16, 2009, 11:45:11 PM1/16/09
On Jan 16, 2:43 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:

The Dalai Lama's misstep is while he pretends not to judge the
universe, the universe judges him. But that's side point.

And as RICHAsianKid I actually don't mind this 2008 crash. In fact I
kinda like it. I've been saying this to others in real life repeatedly
and invariably I don't get a very welcoming reception. And I continue
say this: let natural selection weed out the week; paper gain paper
loss. Because I know there will be more way more affected than myself
not just from below but also from above (RAK's family not a
billionaire by US$ standards) - hey did you hear that German multi-
billionaire who killed himself - i.e. in real life terms and not in $
amounts - and my relative status and rank thus rise correspondingly.

You can call it schadenfreude or whatever you like - but it's merely
natural selection in action.

bmo...@nyx.net

Jan 16, 2009, 11:47:18 PM1/16/09
On Jan 16, 4:38 pm, bak yim sing <lpt...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I would have a different view.
>
> The current economic meltdown only shows the Sunyata
> (emptiness) of the real world. It also shows attachment
> is the root of all unhappiness. About seven to eight months
> ago, it was all prosperity all over China and Hong Kong
> and seven to eight months later, it is all miseries all over.
>
> Spiritually, the middle way -  not to get too over excited
> during good times, or not to get too over miserable during
> bad times - is the key to happiness.
>
> Also, the key to happiness is to lead a simple life.  Over
> consumptionism is the cause of the current meltdown.
> It is because just a few months ago, we are complaining
> the shortage of everything - from oil, to food staples, clean
> water, raw materials etc. The financial meltdown is only
> a catalyst. The roots of the meltdown was sown a decade
> ago.
>
> No matter what, the current meltdown cannot be worse than
> if a meteorite coming to strike our earth again which created
> our pacific ocean ages ago. We should be thankful instead
> because this had not happened yet.
>
> Enjoy our current meltdown and practice our detachement.
> Life will adjust and can adjust.

Hear, hear!

possum

Jan 17, 2009, 12:09:02 AM1/17/09

"bak yim sing" <lpt...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

_______________________________________

neat post, bak yim sing. i will try your advice to enjoy
the meltdown. it is encouraging that president bush has
been replaced by barak obama.

possum

TFK

Jan 16, 2009, 4:37:33 PM1/16/09
and just a bum boy foer the CCP - worshippers of a mass murdering
pedophile.

"Peter Terpstra" <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote in message

Peter Terpstra

Jan 17, 2009, 9:01:48 AM1/17/09
RichAsianKid in
<71029259-37a7-4b87...@r32g2000vba.googlegroups.com> :

> The Dalai Lama's misstep is while he pretends not to judge the
> universe, the universe judges him. But that's side point.

You are always so clever :-)

> And as RICHAsianKid I actually don't mind this 2008 crash. In fact I
> kinda like it. I've been saying this to others in real life repeatedly
> and invariably I don't get a very welcoming reception. And I continue
> say this: let natural selection weed out the week; paper gain paper
> loss. Because I know there will be more way more affected than myself
> not just from below but also from above (RAK's family not a
> billionaire by US$ standards) - hey did you hear that German multi-
> billionaire who killed himself - i.e. in real life terms and not in $
> amounts - and my relative status and rank thus rise correspondingly.
>
> You can call it schadenfreude or whatever you like - but it's merely
> natural selection in action.

Thanks for you reaction.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Peter Terpstra

Jan 17, 2009, 9:04:25 AM1/17/09
bak yim sing in
<84cda4ca-8529-4d53...@g39g2000pri.googlegroups.com> :

[...]

> Enjoy our current meltdown and practice our detachement.
> Life will adjust and can adjust.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Peter

ltlee1

Jan 17, 2009, 10:31:55 AM1/17/09
On Jan 16, 11:45 pm, RichAsianKid <richasian...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2:43 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
>

> >  January 16, 2009
>
> > Oneindia - Tamil Nadu
> > January 15, 2009
>
> > Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama attributes degenerating morals as the
> > underlying cause for the current global economic woes.

The DL havs been living in a bubble all his lfe. This allows him the
illusion of detachment on many things such as the suffereing of the
Tibetan serfs and slaves while he reigned supreme in his palaces.. His
attempts to be in touch with the real real universe invariably expose
his being out of touch with reality.

Individual as the unit of natural selection could be an integral part
of individualism. It, howver, has a down side. If this attitude is
widespread, it will create a sense of vulnerability all the time which
will then lead to unending competition among the individuals.

bmo...@nyx.net

Jan 17, 2009, 2:27:29 PM1/17/09
On Jan 17, 7:31 am, ltlee1 <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 11:45 pm, RichAsianKid <richasian...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 16, 2:43 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
>
> > >  January 16, 2009
>
> > > Oneindia - Tamil Nadu
> > > January 15, 2009
>
> > > Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama attributes degenerating morals as the
> > > underlying cause for the current global economic woes.
>
> The DL havs been living in a bubble all his lfe. This allows him the
> illusion of detachment on many things such as the suffereing of the
> Tibetan serfs and slaves while he reigned supreme in his palaces.. His
> attempts to be in touch with the real real universe invariably expose
> his being out of touch with reality.

LT Lie explains his fake version of Buddhism.

Sure, LT. Whatever you say.

Peter Terpstra

Jan 17, 2009, 5:47:11 PM1/17/09
bmo...@nyx.net in
<32d307fb-f5a6-4854...@i20g2000prf.googlegroups.com> :

>> The DL havs been living in a bubble all his lfe. This allows him the
>> illusion of detachment on many things such as the suffereing of the
>> Tibetan serfs and slaves while he reigned supreme in his palaces.. His
>> attempts to be in touch with the real real universe invariably expose
>> his being out of touch with reality.
>
> LT Lie explains his fake version of Buddhism.

Its all about delusions, we should try to help him.

With kind regards,

Peter

--
"Ours is not a separatist movement. It is in our own interest to remain in a
big nation like China," We are not splittists. - »H.H.The Dalai Lama«

bak yim sing

Jan 17, 2009, 8:36:29 PM1/17/09
On Jan 17, 10:31 am, ltlee1 <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 11:45 pm, RichAsianKid <richasian...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 16, 2:43 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
>
> > >  January 16, 2009
>
> > > Oneindia - Tamil Nadu
> > > January 15, 2009
>
> > > Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama attributes degenerating morals as the
> > > underlying cause for the current global economic woes.
>
> The DL havs been living in a bubble all his lfe. This allows him the
> illusion of detachment on many things such as the suffereing of the
> Tibetan serfs and slaves while he reigned supreme in his palaces.. His
> attempts to be in touch with the real real universe invariably expose
> his being out of touch with reality.

In Buddhism, he who cannot detach
is the person living in a bubble.

ltlee1

Jan 17, 2009, 9:08:04 PM1/17/09

Agree. Christianity is similar. "For what shall it profit a man, if he
shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" However, both
detachment and keeping ones soul mean overcoming his worldly desires,
not ignorance. In contrast, DL's statement likes "People have become

selfish and materialistic, which has led to the economic slowdown"

relfects his living in a bubble, out of touch with the real world
ignorance.

pg

Jan 18, 2009, 3:17:07 AM1/18/09
I find the Buddhists (although DL is not one, but heck, he said he is
one) really ridiculous on these things ....

On one hand, they espouse the idea of "living a simple life", of
having "no attachment" ..... all these doesn't even worth a shit, and
they know it.

Case in point - DL -- Is DL living a simple life?

Case in point - DL -- DL has no attachment?

A guy who lives a simple life, who has no attachment, wouldn't be
going all over the world, living in 5-star hotels.

The motherfucker couldn't even live in an ordinary house, let alone "a
simple life" "no attachment" et cetera....

Only stupid fucks like that "Peter" guy believe in DL.

pg

Jan 18, 2009, 3:18:29 AM1/18/09

Are you saying DL is not living in a bubble?

Is DL really that "detached" ?????

Stop kidding yourself!

bak yim sing

Jan 18, 2009, 6:57:42 AM1/18/09

"ltlee1" <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

If you don't believe DL, why don't you argue with George Soros.
He said the current economic meltdown is a result of a very serious
moral hazard from the mortgage and banking industries. Thus, the
system imploded,

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/22113

If you don't hairsplit the semantic meanings, I think moral hazard is
very much selfishness and materialistic.

bak yim sing

Jan 18, 2009, 7:16:25 AM1/18/09

"pg" <pen...@catholic.org> wrote in message

> I find the Buddhists (although DL is not one, but heck, he said he is
> one) really ridiculous on these things ....

How do you know? DL has written over 20 books on buddhism and
its practice. A lot of them are very simple to understand and are
international bestsellers(i,e, a lot of people understand them and find
his books useful for their every day lifes). Do you have a chance to
read them and from them, point out your understanding that he is really
not a buddhist?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dalai+lama

>On one hand, they espouse the idea of "living a simple life", of
>having "no attachment" ..... all these doesn't even worth a shit, and
>they know it.
>
>Case in point - DL -- Is DL living a simple life?
>
>Case in point - DL -- DL has no attachment?
>
>A guy who lives a simple life, who has no attachment, wouldn't be
>going all over the world, living in 5-star hotels.

All the plane tickets and hotel stays were paid by the guests
who invited him to go over to make speeches. In reality, he
lives a very simple life in Darmsala. You can check out videos
of him there in Youtube. No expensive furniture. Even all his
outfits are cheap as said in London Times:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/article3952770.ece

I can't wait to be a Chinese citizen, says the Dalai Lama

With his maroon robes, cheap plastic flip-flops and engaging smile,
the Dalai Lama has become a familiar figure on the world stage.

______________________________

If you don't believe other people's observation or even believe
that the youtube scene is a stage prop arrangement, you can read his
book:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Practice-Way-Meaningful-Life/dp/0743453360/ref=pd_bbs_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232280010&sr=8-8

He gives his theoretical rationale as well.

> The motherfucker couldn't even live in an ordinary house, let alone "a
> simple life" "no attachment" et cetera....

Why curse? A good catholic as you claimed yourself , should not
curse. Curse doen not make your argument more believable.

> Only stupid fucks like that "Peter" guy believe in DL.

I think even Jesus would not like what you say to Peter Terpstra.

ltlee1

Jan 18, 2009, 10:00:29 AM1/18/09

As I had pointed out in previous post, selfish and materialistic are
the two pillars of capitalism or market economy. In case you don't
understand, let me elaborate. Market works because people are trying
to maximize returns. They will try to buy from the lowest sellers and
they will try to sell to the highest bidders. Such selfishness is the
proverbial invisible hand of the market whcih directs the flow of
goods and capital.. Creative destruction is possible because people
are materialistic. That is, people will prefer a superior product over
an inferior product, materialistically speaking. This materialistic
preference of superior over inferior is responsible for the
destruction of inferior products.

To be sure, market economy exists within a moral context. Geogre Soros
had done a good job explaining the nucances of this moral context with
thousands of words. He certainly did not make mindless and false
statement like "People have become selfish and materialistic, which

rst0wxyz

Jan 18, 2009, 10:47:17 AM1/18/09
On Jan 18, 12:17 am, pg <pen...@catholic.org> wrote:
> I find the Buddhists (although DL is not one, but heck, he said he is
> one) really ridiculous on these things ....
>
> On one hand, they espouse the idea of "living a simple life", of
> having "no attachment" ..... all these doesn't even worth a shit, and
> they know it.
>
> Case in point - DL -- Is DL living a simple life?
>
> Case in point - DL -- DL has no attachment?
>
> A guy who lives a simple life, who has no attachment, wouldn't be
> going all over the world, living in 5-star hotels.
>
> The motherfucker couldn't even live in an ordinary house, let alone "a
> simple life" "no attachment" et cetera....
>
> Only stupid fucks like that "Peter" guy believe in DL.

Peter the Terp is only interested in creating chaos and dissension for
China, nothing else.

Peter Terpstra

Jan 18, 2009, 11:33:39 AM1/18/09
rst0wxyz in
<1432fc62-ba37-4039...@r36g2000prf.googlegroups.com> :

>> Only stupid fucks like that "Peter" guy believe in DL.
>
> Peter the Terp is only interested in creating chaos and dissension for
> China, nothing else.

You can not now, you can only confirm yourself by believing you own thoughts.

With kind Regards,

Keynes

Jan 18, 2009, 11:35:02 AM1/18/09

It seems natural for people to want something for nothing.
That is the reason for investment. Naturally, no one wants
to lose what they already have. That is the reason for the
current lack of investment. As prices decline, this is no time
to buy pricey houses, goods, or stocks while they are in free fall.
We have a credit squeeze because we have a credit squeeze.
It's a negative feedback system, the mirror image of a bubble.

Modern civilization depends on ambition and greed. There
are still places in the world where humans are satisfied with
'enough'. Until they are infected with ambition and greed.

Peter Terpstra

Jan 18, 2009, 11:40:00 AM1/18/09
pg in <abd12782-3f08-4e46...@r37g2000prr.googlegroups.com> :

> I find the Buddhists (although DL is not one, but heck, he said he is
> one) really ridiculous on these things ....
>
> On one hand, they espouse the idea of "living a simple life", of
> having "no attachment" ..... all these doesn't even worth a shit, and
> they know it.
>
> Case in point - DL -- Is DL living a simple life?
>
> Case in point - DL -- DL has no attachment?
>
> A guy who lives a simple life, who has no attachment, wouldn't be
> going all over the world, living in 5-star hotels.
>
> The motherfucker couldn't even live in an ordinary house, let alone "a
> simple life" "no attachment" et cetera....

This post is not very Buddhistic either :-))

> Only stupid fucks like that "Peter" guy believe in DL.

Its true that the communist Chinese government has been demonising the Dalai
Lama since they have occupated Tibet, but still there are a lot of Han
Chinese loving the Dalai Lama, they can see beyond the CCP propaganda.

Peter Terpstra

Jan 18, 2009, 12:04:12 PM1/18/09
pg in <e146cd07-7c88-4be1...@a39g2000prl.googlegroups.com> :

>> In Buddhism, he who cannot detach
>> is the person living in a bubble.
>
> Are you saying DL is not living in a bubble?
>
> Is DL really that "detached" ?????
>
> Stop kidding yourself!

In reality we are all kidding the self by the belief in our own thoughts.

Peter Terpstra

Jan 18, 2009, 12:38:03 PM1/18/09
ltlee1 in
<3960aa76-f7ef-402b...@j38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com> :

> As I had pointed out in previous post, selfish and materialistic are
> the two pillars of capitalism or market economy. In case you don't
> understand, let me elaborate. Market works because people are trying
> to maximize returns. They will try to buy from the lowest sellers and
> they will try to sell to the highest bidders. Such selfishness is the
> proverbial invisible hand of the market whcih directs the flow of
> goods and capital.. Creative destruction is possible because people
> are materialistic. That is, people will prefer a superior product over
> an inferior product, materialistically speaking.  This materialistic
> preference of superior over inferior is responsible for the
> destruction of inferior products.

But they are hard limits for that! When we go beyond the market will finally
crash.
On the other hand are we all materialistic and selfish but we have to take
care for ourself in these matters and that is the lesson we have to learn
all not only the Americans.

With Kind Regards,

Peter Terpstra

Jan 18, 2009, 1:07:50 PM1/18/09
Keynes in <41m6n4p2t7spq2e83...@4ax.com> :

> Modern civilization depends on ambition and greed.

Thats also the illness of these so called "modern" sociëties, they have
become so arrogant, that they have lost every contact with their nature.
I can know, because I am living in such a sociëtie

> There are still places in the world where humans are satisfied with
> 'enough'.  Until they are infected with ambition and greed.

Not so many any more, we even infected the Innuits with our disease.

BobLee1964

Jan 18, 2009, 2:51:49 PM1/18/09
On Jan 16, 2:43 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
>  January 16, 2009
>
> Oneindia - Tamil Nadu
> January 15, 2009
>
> Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama attributes degenerating morals as the
> underlying cause for the current global economic woes.
>
> The Buddhist spiritual leader said to Buddhist students in Varanasi that
> selfishness, lack of spiritual and cultural values are the key factors for
> the current crisis in the world's financial markets. He said at a gathering
> of 20,000 students at the Central Institute of Higher Tibetan
> Studies : "People have become selfish and materialistic, which has led to
> the economic slowdown".
>
> The Dalai Lama said that people have forgotten that their own fortunes were
> connected with others. He is of the view that the solution lay in
> recoganising our interdependence, valuing education and caring for natural
> environment.
>
> He also pointed out that people needed to divert their interest from huge
> consumerism and give up being selfish. He emphasized the fact that to
> survive and be happy, one should live with an attitude to survive together.
> It is basically to live and let live in the best possible way.

The world has not seen higher hypocrisy than Dalai Lama promoting
immaterialistic way of life. While he and the monks lived in
magnificent palaces like the over 1,000 room Potala Palace, it was the
majority of lay people lived in abject poverty.

Peter Terpstra

Jan 18, 2009, 3:36:47 PM1/18/09
BobLee1964 in
<fadc8d36-a0f7-4794...@a12g2000pro.googlegroups.com> :

> The world has not seen higher hypocrisy than Dalai Lama promoting
> immaterialistic way of life. While he and the monks lived in
> magnificent palaces like the over 1,000 room Potala Palace, it was the
> majority of lay people lived in abject poverty.

Another story:
Then the Chinese came to destroy, they maybe thought that they where doïng
good, but they where blinded by foolish communistic idealism, so there was
no room for mutual respect. (Communism is one from the diseases from the
west)
They came to steel and to kill and destroy, then covering all up with endless
lies, and still they are caught in that trap. Today still six million
Tibetans are imprisoned by Chinese oppression.

Just stories?

With kind regards,

Déjà Flu

Jan 18, 2009, 5:19:53 PM1/18/09
BobLee1964 wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2:43 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
>> January 16, 2009

whatever...

Could you nice folks please trim
talk.religion.buddhism from your headers?

It's distracting us from our vocation.

10^google thanks.

Eu D' Flu

Peter Terpstra

Jan 18, 2009, 6:13:43 PM1/18/09
BobLee1964 in
<fadc8d36-a0f7-4794...@a12g2000pro.googlegroups.com> :

> The world has not seen higher hypocrisy than Dalai Lama promoting
> immaterialistic way of life. While he and the monks lived in
> magnificent palaces like the over 1,000 room Potala Palace, it was the
> majority of lay people lived in abject poverty.

And Today still six million Tibetans(not Chinese) are imprisoned by
aggressive Chinese oppression.

pg

Jan 18, 2009, 6:39:04 PM1/18/09
On Jan 18, 4:16 am, "bak yim sing" <b...@bys.com> wrote:
> "pg" <pen...@catholic.org> wrote in message

> > I find the Buddhists (although DL is not one, but heck, he said he is
> > one) really ridiculous on these things ....
>
> How do you know? DL has written over 20 books on buddhism and
> its practice. A lot of them are very simple to understand and are
> international bestsellers(i,e, a lot of people understand them and find
> his books useful for their every day lifes). Do you have a chance to
> read them and from them, point out your understanding that he is really
> not a buddhist?

There is no "God" in Buddhism. NONE !

And DL calls himself a "living god".

How fake can DL get, even in terms of Buddhism?

But then, there are a lot of stupid Buddhist fuckers who believe in a
faker like that DL.

Just like there are stupid Mozlem fuckers, stupid Christian fuckers,
there are plenty of stupid Buddhist fuckers as well.

It's none of my business, really.

> http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-key...

> >On one hand, they espouse the idea of "living a simple life", of
> >having "no attachment" ..... all these doesn't even worth a shit, and
> >they know it.
>
> >Case in point - DL -- Is DL living a simple life?
>
> >Case in point - DL -- DL has no attachment?
>
> >A guy who lives a simple life, who has no attachment, wouldn't be
> >going all over the world, living in 5-star hotels.
>
> All the plane tickets and hotel stays were paid by the guests
> who invited him to go over to make speeches. In reality, he
> lives a very simple life in Darmsala. You can check out videos
> of him there in Youtube. No expensive furniture. Even all his
> outfits are cheap as said in London Times:

Oh yes, they are being paid by someone else.

Good excuse !

If you call yourself a Buddhist, please remember this, excuses won't
get you to Nirvana.

> http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/boo...

> I can't wait to be a Chinese citizen, says the Dalai Lama

DL can say anything, he got a mouth.

He has his human rights to say whatever he wants to say. Even if he
spew out garbages, that's his rights.

But that still doesn't mean I have to believe that asshole.

> With his maroon robes, cheap plastic flip-flops and engaging smile,
> the Dalai Lama has become a familiar figure on the world stage.

A fucking clown. That's what he is.

> ______________________________
>
> If you don't believe other people's observation or even believe
> that the youtube scene is a stage prop arrangement, you can read his
> book:
>

> http://www.amazon.com/How-Practice-Way-Meaningful-Life/dp/0743453360/...

> He gives his theoretical rationale as well.

As I said, one has the freedom to believe or to NOT believe the
garbage spew out of DL's mouth.

I exercise my right to NOT believe that asshole.

> > The motherfucker couldn't even live in an ordinary house, let alone "a
> >  simple life" "no attachment" et cetera....
>
> Why curse? A good catholic as you claimed yourself , should not
> curse. Curse doen not make your argument more believable.

As I won't believe a word you say, you have the right to not believe
me.

But that doesn't mean I lose all my right to curse, especially for
that motherfucker who call himself DL.

> > Only stupid fucks like that "Peter" guy believe in DL.
>
> I think even Jesus would not like what you say to Peter Terpstra.

I can lie. I can say that the Peter guy is a really good guy. But it's
still a lie.

The truth is that Peter is a motherfucker, so I rather say the truth,
that Peter is a motherfucker.

I will die one day, if I did anything wrong, I will be punished.

I rather being punished for my honesty than be praised for my
hypocrisy.

BTW, whatever Jesus sath, you have tuned it all out, since you have
chosen to believe that DL asshole.

Finally, a big "Thank You" for your fake concern, anyway.

pg

Jan 18, 2009, 6:40:33 PM1/18/09
On Jan 18, 3:13 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
> BobLee1964 in
> <fadc8d36-a0f7-4794-8f76-b65fab7f6...@a12g2000pro.googlegroups.com> :

> > The world has not seen higher hypocrisy than Dalai Lama promoting
> > immaterialistic way of life. While he and the monks lived in
> > magnificent palaces like the over 1,000 room Potala Palace, it was the
> > majority of lay people lived in abject poverty.
>
> And Today still six million Tibetans(not Chinese) are imprisoned by
> aggressive Chinese oppression.
>
> With kind regards,
>
>    Peter

If you want to lie, please tell a better lie.

That "6 million" figure is larger than the total number of Tibetans
alive.

Please do your homework, kiddo !!

BobLee1964

Jan 18, 2009, 11:36:59 PM1/18/09
On Jan 18, 3:36 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
> BobLee1964 in
> <fadc8d36-a0f7-4794-8f76-b65fab7f6...@a12g2000pro.googlegroups.com> :

> > The world has not seen higher hypocrisy than Dalai Lama promoting
> > immaterialistic way of life. While he and the monks lived in
> > magnificent palaces like the over 1,000 room Potala Palace, it was the
> > majority of lay people lived in abject poverty.
>
> Another story:
> Then the Chinese came to destroy, they maybe thought that they where doïng
> good, but they where blinded by foolish communistic idealism, so there was
> no room for mutual respect. (Communism is one from the diseases from the
> west)

The central government was to regain the control of Tibet and defend
the national interest, which is primarily the interest of chinese
citizens, including tibetans.

The central government followed the 17 point agreement, did not change
the political/economic system in area which had been controlled by
DL's government before the rebellion. The central government showed
the upmost respect as it could to a slavery/serfdom theocracy.
However, the difference between the central government and DL was
fundamental and unreconcilable: DL and many nobles would not accept
the inevitable enmancipation of slaves and serfs. That was the
fundamental reason that DL and his followers broke the agreement and
rebelled.

The situation in Tibet in 50's was similar to that of American civil
war: There would never be enough respect that Lincoln could show for
the southern slavery, that could have prevented the brutal civil war.
Enmancipation of slaves and serfs was not exactly a communistic thing
either.

> They came to steel and to kill and destroy, then covering all up with endless
> lies, and still they are caught in that trap. Today still six million
> Tibetans are imprisoned by Chinese oppression.

Maybe you can learn a few things about how tibetans were "imprisoned",
by watching this BBC documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhW4dNISoXs

Peter Terpstra

Jan 19, 2009, 5:43:02 AM1/19/09
pg in <ede98376-c1be-488f...@y1g2000pra.googlegroups.com> :

> If you want to lie, please tell a better lie.

No lie.

> That "6 million" figure is larger than the total number of Tibetans
> alive.

10 facts about Tibet

1. The invasion of Tibet began in 1949. Chinese occupation has resulted in
the death of over one million Tibetans, the destruction of over 6,000
monasteries, nunneries and temples, and the imprisonment and torture of
thousands of Tibetans.

2. The Dalai Lama, Tibet's political and spiritual leader, fled Tibet in 1959
to Dharamsala, India, followed by over 100,000 Tibetans and established the
Tibetan Government-in Exile. In 1989, he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
for a steadfast dedication to non-violence.

3. Tibet, before occupation, was a nation with an established sovereign
government, currency, postal system, language, legal system, and culture.
Prior to 1950, the Tibetan government also signed treaties with foreign
nations. The Chinese government claims that Tibet has always been part of
China, yet its invasion of Tibet resembles imperialist aggression that China
accuses other powers of exhibiting.

4. The "Tibetan Autonomous Region" (TAR) is not Tibet, nor is it autonomous.
The Chinese government has divided historical Tibet into one region and
several prefectures and counties, with the TAR encompassing only the central
area and some eastern regions of Tibet.

5. The basic freedoms of speech, religion, and assembly are strictly limited,
and arbitrary arrests continue. There are currently hundreds of political
prisoners in Tibet, enduring a commonplace punishment of torture.

6. The Chinese government increasingly encourages Han Chinese to migrate to
Tibet, offering them higher wages and other inducements. This policy is
threatening the survival of Tibetan people. Tibetans are becoming a minority
in the TAR. Yearly, thousands of Tibetans still flee from Tibet, making the
treacherous journey over the Himalayas into a world of exile.

7. Historical Tibet was a vast country, with an area roughly equal to Western
Europe. Tibet is the source of five of Asia's largest rivers, which provide
water for two billion people. Tibet's fragile environment is endangered by
Chinese strip-mining, nuclear waste dumping, and extensive deforestation.

8. The Chinese government claims to have 'developed' Tibet,
with 'developments' mainly benefiting the new majority Chinese, not
Tibetans. China, neglecting education and healthcare, has spent millions of
dollars building infrastructure; many roads, buildings, and power plants
directly support heavy militarization, allowing China to maintain Tibet as a
police state.

9. The Chinese government aggressively seeks foreign investment for its 'Go
West' campaign, with use of these international funds to develop Tibet as a
resource extraction colony and consolidate regional control. Foreign
investments in Chinese companies legitimise China's colonisation and
exploitative projects that harm Tibet.

10. The United Nations and international community have done very little to
address the core issue of China's illegal occupation of Tibet. China
represents an enormous market and cheap labour force, and its associated
businesses have such a strong lobby that officials are reluctant to take
substantive measures. Since western countries adopted policies of
so-called 'constructive engagement' with China in the 1990s, the human
rights situation in Tibet has only deteriorated.

Source:
http://www.freetibet.org/about/10-facts-about-tibet

> Please do your homework, kiddo !!

I think i'm much older than you, you should not believe that CCP propaganda,
the whole communist system is based on lies.

Thanks for your reaction!

With Kind Regards,

Peter Terpstra

Jan 19, 2009, 5:50:07 AM1/19/09
BobLee1964 in
<4b7ebeac-cec2-4739...@k9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> :

> The central government was to regain the control of Tibet and defend
> the national interest, which is primarily the interest of chinese
> citizens, including tibetans.
>
> The central government followed the 17 point agreement, did not change
> the political/economic system in area which had been controlled by
> DL's government before the rebellion. The central government showed
> the upmost respect as it could to a slavery/serfdom theocracy.
> However, the difference between the central government and DL was
> fundamental and unreconcilable: DL and many nobles would not accept
> the inevitable enmancipation of slaves and serfs. That was the
> fundamental reason that DL and his followers broke the agreement and
> rebelled.
>
> The situation in Tibet in 50's was similar to that of American civil
> war: There would never be enough respect that Lincoln could show for
> the southern slavery, that could have prevented the brutal civil war.
> Enmancipation of slaves and serfs was not exactly a communistic thing
> either.

The occupation of Tibet was completely illegal and brought much suffering to
the six million Tibetans till today. The "cultural revolution" is still
goïng on in Tibet, you can also call it cultural genocide.

With kind Regards,

Peter Terpstra

Jan 19, 2009, 6:20:15 AM1/19/09
BobLee1964 in
<4b7ebeac-cec2-4739...@k9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> :

> Maybe you can learn a few things about how tibetans were "imprisoned",
> by watching this BBC documentary:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhW4dNISoXs

Thanks, but the video does not tell so much and thats a bit awkward they do
not seem to be confident with the filming crue. The Tibetans still live
poverty and the imported Han Chinese live in the new houses for the rich.
Unless that China has no Rightfull claims on Tibet, Tibet is official
occupied country.

But where should the original Panchen Lama be today? A six-year old boy were
kidnapped by the Chinese government 1996 and has not been seen since then!
To make a boy of six year old a political prisoner is very bad.

The new Panchen Lama is called the false Panchen Lama by the Tibetans.

With kind Regards,

Peter Terpstra

Jan 19, 2009, 6:21:08 AM1/19/09
pg in <ede98376-c1be-488f...@y1g2000pra.googlegroups.com> :

> If you want to lie, please tell a better lie.

No lie.

> That "6 million" figure is larger than the total number of Tibetans
> alive.

10 facts about Tibet

Source:
http://www.freetibet.org/about/10-facts-about-tibet

> Please do your homework, kiddo !!

I think i'm much older than you:-)
But You should not believe that CCP propaganda,

the whole communist system is based on lies.

Thanks for your reaction!

With Kind Regards,

Peter

pg

Jan 19, 2009, 6:36:58 AM1/19/09
On Jan 19, 3:21 am, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
> pg in <ede98376-c1be-488f-a840-864dc86da...@y1g2000pra.googlegroups.com> :

> > If you want to lie, please tell a better lie.
>
> No lie.

I am simply tired of your lie.

www.unescap.org/esid/psis/population/database/chinadata/tibet.htm

1. Name: Tibet Autonomous Region

2. Area: 1,228,400 million square kilometers

3. Population: 2.62 million (the 2000 population census)

Can you read?

The population of Tibet ---- including the Tibetan, the Han, the Hui
and others --- in year 2000 is 2.62 million.

Your claim?

"And Today still six million Tibetans(not Chinese) are imprisoned by
aggressive Chinese oppression."

Where the fuck are you going to come up with the 4 million EXTRA
people, liar?

And if that's not enough, download this PDF file, -
www.case.edu/affil/tibet/booksAndPapers/tibetan.population.in.china.pdf
- and read it yourself.

Lying will NEVER get you anywhere !!

pg

Jan 19, 2009, 8:33:10 AM1/19/09
On Jan 19, 3:21 am, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:

> pg in <ede98376-c1be-488f-a840-864dc86da...@y1g2000pra.googlegroups.com> :

> > If you want to lie, please tell a better lie.

> No lie.

YOU GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING LIAR !!!

I am simply tired of your lie.

www.unescap.org/esid/psis/population/database/chinadata/tibet.htm

1. Name: Tibet Autonomous Region

2. Area: 1,228,400 million square kilometers

3. Population: 2.62 million (the 2000 population census)

Can you read?

The population of Tibet ---- including the Tibetan, the Han, the Hui
and others --- in year 2000 is 2.62 million.

Your claim?

"And Today still six million Tibetans(not Chinese) are imprisoned by
aggressive Chinese oppression."

Where the fuck are you going to come up with the EXTRA 4 million
people, liar?

And if that's not enough, download this PDF file, -www.case.edu/affil/

tibet/booksAndPapers tibetan.population.in.china.pdf - and read it
yourself.

Lying will NEVER get you anywhere !!

> > That "6 million" figure is larger than the total number of Tibetans alive.

BobLee1964

Jan 19, 2009, 9:22:16 AM1/19/09
On Jan 19, 5:50 am, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:

> The occupation of Tibet was completely illegal and brought much suffering to
> the six million Tibetans till today. The "cultural revolution" is still
> goïng on in Tibet, you can also call it cultural genocide.

Illegal? Say who?

The CIA fronts that don't even have authority over a parking ticket?
Or the parasites who live on the other people's tax money?

Don't just call it cultural genocide. Call it hell if it can make you
feel better.

BobLee1964

Jan 19, 2009, 10:38:45 AM1/19/09
On Jan 19, 6:20 am, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
> BobLee1964 in
> <4b7ebeac-cec2-4739-8653-a878a27ad...@k9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> :

> > Maybe you can learn a few things about how tibetans were "imprisoned",
> > by watching this BBC documentary:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhW4dNISoXs
>
> Thanks, but the video does not tell so much and thats a bit awkward they do
> not seem to be confident with the filming crue. The Tibetans still live
> poverty and the imported Han Chinese live in the new houses for the rich.
> Unless that China has no Rightfull claims on Tibet, Tibet is official
> occupied country.

The documentary was made by BBC, with its money and reputation.

There are poor tibetans, rich tibetans, just like there are poor hans,
rich hans. But overall tibetans in Chinese Tibet are doing much better
than before, even better than the exiles in India. I think it has
something to do that they are free people and first class citizens in
their country, just like all citizens in China.

> But where should the original Panchen Lama be today? A six-year old boy were
> kidnapped by the Chinese government 1996 and has not been seen since then!
> To make a boy of six year old a political prisoner is very bad.

The final power of selecting high lamas was, is, will always be in the
hand of Chinese state.

The state also, quite often, needed to step in the feuds between high
lamas, to keep them from fighting or even killing each others, and to
restore order.

For example, the 9th Panchen Lama had to flee to China Proper because
of a feud with the 13th Dalai Lama. He passed away there. The 10th
Panchen Lama also had had to lived in China Proper before he was
escorted back to Tibet by the communist army in 1950s.

There was even a point in the 17 point agreement specifying the
relationship between Dalai Lama and Panchen Lama.

> The new Panchen Lama is called the false Panchen Lama by the Tibetans.

Some people just want to settle old scores.

bakyimsing

Jan 19, 2009, 6:45:26 PM1/19/09

On Jan 18, 4:16 am, "bak yim sing" <b...@bys.com> wrote:
> "pg" <pen...@catholic.org> wrote in message

> > I find the Buddhists (although DL is not one, but heck, he said he is
> > one) really ridiculous on these things ....
>
> How do you know? DL has written over 20 books on buddhism and
> its practice. A lot of them are very simple to understand and are
> international bestsellers(i,e, a lot of people understand them and find
> his books useful for their every day lifes). Do you have a chance to
> read them and from them, point out your understanding that he is really
> not a buddhist?

: There is no "God" in Buddhism. NONE !

Deities, demons in Buddhism have different meanings.
They are all images of your inner world, just like the
guardian angels in your Roman Catholicism.

You can invoke them if you want to, you can cultivate
your imaginations in this area, or you don't care about
it at all. It is all OK and It is all up to you.

Of course, you can say that imagination is not real,
but your life is real, Buddhism does not say that. They
both can be real and they both can be not real. In fact,
most likely, both are unreal, both are samsara.

: And DL calls himself a "living god".

Not a living God, but a living Buddha - Tulku in Tibetan.
You can call me living god. But the god in buddhism does
not connote the same meaning as catholicism.

: How fake can DL get, even in terms of Buddhism?

It seems you know more about buddhism than the buddhists,
although you claim yourself to be a devout catholic. If you
have to view buddhism from a catholic point of definition,
it is all up to you. But it is not buddhism.

:But then, there are a lot of stupid Buddhist fuckers who believe in a
: faker like that DL.

Buddhist do not believe in faith. They believe in experience,
If they have a warm experience with DL, they believe in him.
If not, they will drop DL like a plague.

: Just like there are stupid Mozlem fuckers, stupid Christian fuckers,

: there are plenty of stupid Buddhist fuckers as well.

Whoever say all those stupid things above may not be too
smart himself either. So, why be in a rage?

: It's none of my business, really.

If you are in a rage, it is none of other people's business but
yours.

> http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-key...
>

> >On one hand, they espouse the idea of "living a simple life", of
> >having "no attachment" ..... all these doesn't even worth a shit, and
> >they know it.
>
> >Case in point - DL -- Is DL living a simple life?
>
> >Case in point - DL -- DL has no attachment?
>
> >A guy who lives a simple life, who has no attachment, wouldn't be
> >going all over the world, living in 5-star hotels.
>
> All the plane tickets and hotel stays were paid by the guests
> who invited him to go over to make speeches. In reality, he
> lives a very simple life in Darmsala. You can check out videos
> of him there in Youtube. No expensive furniture. Even all his
> outfits are cheap as said in London Times:

:Oh yes, they are being paid by someone else.
:
:Good excuse !
:
:If you call yourself a Buddhist, please remember this, excuses won't
: get you to Nirvana.

You don't fake to have a Nirvana, you experience it.
Even enlightment have different levels. If you had experienced
even the very low level type of bliss from enlightment,
you would never want to leave it and you experience
buddhism.

Do you think for thousands of years, millions and millions
of people just fake to know buddhism. I don't believe so.
They all have more important things to do in life.

bakyimsing

Jan 19, 2009, 6:45:27 PM1/19/09