Re: Hong Kong’s Escape Routes [WSJ.com]

Byker

Feb 2, 2021, 5:20:04 PM2/2/21
"David P." <imb...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Meanwhile, the atmosphere in Hong Kong grows more stifling
> by the day. Earlier this month Hong Kong police arrested
> more than 50 former lawmakers and dissenters. Pro-democracy
> district councilors and lawyers are likely the next targets.
> Pro-Beijing lawmakers have also called for schools to install
> surveillance cameras in classrooms to ensure teachers aren’t
> making “subversive remarks” during lessons.
>
> The message is clear: Hong Kong may become a place you can’t escape.
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/hong-kongs-escape-routes-11611962604

https://www.wsj.com/articles/no-escape-from-hong-kong-11601594670

I wonder if Hollywood would be interested in a remake:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/48/84/4a/48844a0d33649f1ae265297393e4a754.jpg

https://monsterzeronj.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/escape-from-hong-kong.jpg

A. Filip

Feb 2, 2021, 5:27:37 PM2/2/21
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_Hong_Kong_Island

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| The notion of a "record" is an obsolete remnant of the days of the
| 80-column card. (Dennis M. Ritchie)

Byker

Feb 2, 2021, 6:02:26 PM2/2/21

This is more realistic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7CPqROtanA