About Hybrid SLI

Lam Chan Chi

Jul 2, 2010, 11:09:35 PM7/2/10
Nvidia no longer use Hybrid SLI for their desktop. But I find Hybrid SLI is
very good. It is not hot for long use. The onboard display is quite clear.
If I use the highend GTX260, the display is weavy and for game computer
only. I have 7 computer. 5 of them use either XFX 750a or J&W 750a
motherboard, CPU is using AMD 945 or 955 X4. Display is using 2x 260GTX, but
attach only one monitor to the onboard 8300. Ram is using 6G ram. OS Win7
64bits. I get 155xx to 165xx for 3D mark 06, 204xx to 215xx for 3D mark 05,
185xx to 195xx for 3D mark Vantage. All test is using onboard display port.
I think few computer on the market can use the onboard display and get such
result.

The 6th computer using J&W 750A SLI, 4G ram, AMD 945 x4, 2x 465GTX. It gets
17xxx in 3D mark 06, 22xxx in 3D mark 05 and 215xx in 3D mark Vantage. It is
faster than 2x 260GTX, but it is using DX11 standard, few stream core
processing each time.

The 7th computer using J&W 79GXfusion, AMD 945 X4, 4G ram, 2x HIS 5770. It
gets 165xx in 3D mark 06, 21xxx in 3D mark 05, and 139xx in 3D mark Vantage
(graphic 15500 cpu 10xxx). If physicX is ok for ATI, great jump in 3D
vantage.

All 7 computers is not hot for long using in summer under ordinary
air-conditioning.