About Nvida 3D vision

Lam Chan Chi

Jun 20, 2010, 7:01:27 PM6/20/10
In the past, I think Nvidia 3D Vision with ordinary 3D discovery Glass
(HKD30) is only a joke. Now with the new driver 257.21, 3D Vision with 3D
discovery glass is quite practical for highend computer. I have 7 computer,
they are good at 3D Vision

I have 7 computers, 4 of them use J&W 750a SLI motherrboar, 3 of them use
XFX 750a SLI motherboard. 7 computer use 4G ram. 4 computer use AMD 955 X4,
3 computer use 945 X4

5 of my 7 computers use onboard 8300 display and with 2x 260GTX. I instal
the driver and by default it will enable SLI, I think this is quite
different for most computer on the market. It gets 186xx to 195xx in 3D
Vantage. It gets 165xx in 3D mark 06, It gets 205xx in 3D 05. If I enable
3D vision and use Powerdvd 10 with 3D for DVD using Nvidia 120 Hz display.
The video does not get 3D shadow without 3D glass. It just 3D object effect,
one object behind another. Quite different from past. If I put on 3D
discovery glass. It gets strong 3D effect on most scenes. But some screen
still like 2D. But all video is 100% clear.

2 of 7 computers use Colorful 465 GTX + 9600GSO + onboard 8300. I just
install the driver and by default PhysicX is enable on 9600GSO. It get 134xx
in 3D Vantage, 156xx in 3D mark 06 and 205xx in 3D mark 05. If I enable 3D
vision, and look at the monitor 5 feet away, PowerDVD 10 with 3D on using
Nvidia display card. All screen is 100% 3D effect and 95% on good quality 3D
depth effect. Not some fast action on some part is not clear. 3D effect can
enable with most old DX9 games. With 3D vision on. It stills get 89xx in 3D
Vantage, 134xx in 3D mark 06 and 185xx in 3D mark 05. good 3D effect on
futuremark benchmark.

I set the bios on my 7 computer with Hybrid SLI on, SLI on, onboard display
card as main, onboard and PCI-E both on. If you change any config or bios
setting, the quality become very poor. I think for DX11, you must get some
display card or cpu to help the main DX11 display card to do other function.
The DX11 display card only do simple set of multi stream processing. I think
ATI DX11 is quite difficult to get good quality. It does not get nForce
motherboard function. The onboard 8300 integrate with AMD 945 x4. 9600GSO
help the computer to do Cuda and PhysicX function. It seem foolish not using
465GTX to do physicX function. Now most 3D DX9 games wtih 3D effect. One
object in front another and in good 3D depth effect.