About 750a SLI motherboard

1 view

Lam Chan Chi

Oct 17, 2010, 10:51:02 AM10/17/10
I have 7 computers using Nvidia 750a SLI chipset motherboard from XFX and
J&W. Now they are all using SLI, I find that for DX11 display card, my 465 &
470, they seem to reach the limit, they are not fast in SLI and cannot reach
2x 90% usage in benchmark.

I have 5 computer using AMD X945 x4 or X955, 750A motherboard from XFX &
J&W. Display card is using 2x 260GTX with onboard 8300 as main. They are not
hot as most say. The onboard display is cool and quiet in most application.
The onboard display can get 21xxx to 22xxx in 3D mark 05, 16xxx to 17xxx in
3D mark 06 and 18xxx to 19xxx in 3D vantage. Bluray movie in good quality.
Most games of old DX9 and new ones is very fast and reactive.

One computer using 2x 465GTX, it get 22xxx in 3D mark 05, 17xxx in 3D mark
06 and 22xxx in 3D vantage

One computer using 2x 470GTX, it get 22xxx in 3D mark 05, 17xxx in 3D mark
06 and 24xxx in 3D Vantage.

These 2 computer do not use onboard display. It use 2 display card in SLI.
Since I think the bandwidth should be larger than 460gtx or 450GTX. I doubt
the performance of 460GTX in SLI. Perhaps Nvidia SLI motherbard is much
worse than Intel motherboard in SLI. Otherwise 460GTX may be worse than 465
in bandwidth.

Lam Chan Chi

Oct 17, 2010, 10:25:41 PM10/17/10
For the 465GTX & 470GTX computers, I just enable the onboard display 8300
but in Windows 7, I just use 465GTX and 470GTX as main for most application.
These 2 computers is good at everything now. I think all my 7 750A chipset
computer, I use 3 display card with 3 different ID. It is quite difficult
from Intel chipset. I now think my 7 computers may be better than expensive
Intel i7 computer for Nvidia display card. SLI seem needs any display as
normal cpu function to help the main SLI display card. It may be difficult
from 460GTX or 450GTX. They may be impossible for some application with 2
display card id.
"Lam Chan Chi" <chan...@hotmail.com> 嚙箭嚙締嚙踝蕭
news:4cbb0d56$1...@rain.i-cable.com 嚙踝蕭嚙踝蕭嚙篇...

Lam Chan Chi

Oct 18, 2010, 4:58:44 AM10/18/10
Now for the 5 computers using 2x GTX260, I now add another monitor to the
GTX260. SLI is enable by default when using GTX260 monitor alone. GTX260 and
onboard 8300 is different in quality. The speed in 3D mark is very close.
Now all my 7 computers each attach 2 monitor. Since the weather is not so
hot, I think using powerful display card may be better.

"Lam Chan Chi" <chan...@hotmail.com> 嚙箭嚙締嚙踝蕭
news:4cbbb025$1...@rain.i-cable.com 嚙踝蕭嚙踝蕭嚙篇...