add labels and node names

dr.m...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2013, 4:25:54 PM1/15/13
to hive...@googlegroups.com

Hi all. I hope somebody is still here to answer this question.

I would like to add title, axis labels and node labels to the segments. Surely I'll need to
extend the linnet configuration file and input format, but this should be easy.

I tried to have a look at the code, but I'm a bit lost. Can anybody help me ? In particular
I don't understand how I can write a bit of text and position it on the canvas.

The title should be positioned either at the center or on top of the graph.
Axis labels (e.i. : "source", "sink" ...) at the top of each axis.
Node labels on the code of each segment on an axis, maybe according to simple rules...

A snippet of code to get me started would be great.

I love the linnet design as it can be be scripted and easily used without installing
either java or R ... hopefully this project is going to pass the prototype stage... I think that
dumping the code on github could be already a first important step to revamp its development.

I'm using linnet to display relationships among packages in a debian repository.

Cheers.