Open source laser cutter campaign

eagleapex

Dec 20, 2010, 10:33:40 AM12/20/10
to Hive76
Hive76 is lacking in one key piece of tech that really makes a
hackerspace complete: a laser cutter. To remedy this we are taking
donations to purchase and build the first open source laser cutter.
The Lasersaur http://lasersaur.com project aims to design a CNC laser
cutter and publish all the drawings and electronics needed to hack
your own. We already have some of the most expensive parts like the
CO2 laser tube from Meatcards, so our goal is just $2000. Every dollar
donated can be redeemed for a minute of laser cutting, and every $10
donation gets a laser cut trinket as a thank you.
Read more about the campaign here: http://www.hive76.org/laser-pledgie-update

Thanks!

-Hive76