April at Hive76

Contact Hive76

Apr 4, 2011, 7:59:19 PM4/4/11
to Hive76
This spring is an exciting one for Hive76. In addition to our normal
open houses, we have been coming up with a lot of great new events to
fill the calendar. We tore open our enterprise 3D printer to see
what's inside: http://www.hive76.org/fdm2000-progress We etched tiny
images into glass and amazed people with motors on toothbrushes at
PAFA: http://www.hive76.org/get-grossed-out-this-thursday and started
playing more games like "All flesh must be eaten" zombie RPG and
Artemis: http://www.hive76.org/announcing-artemis-spaceship-bridge-simulator-night.
Hive76 has also been joking around recently with our all RPG April
Fool's announcement: http://www.hive76.org/rolling and a fictitious
company at a member's expense: http://www.hive76.org/add-one-more-to-the-list
This month we have a lot to look forward to. There are 2 new Mendel 3D
printers that are almost functional. They will be the center of a
repeat 3D printing class based on SketchUp. We are working on a
security and privacy workshop with a wikileaks approach. There's talk
of a http://tresling.org/ tournament with IndyHall. Peejay wants to
run a class on making your own household cleaners.
Tech week is coming up and we will be hosting open house every night
rather than our usual Wednesday. If you're lucky, you may show up for
one of our hacker karaoke sessions with boomcases and drum machines.
I'm sure something awesome will turn up for Philly Science Festival
too.
Make sure to stop by some Wednesday or drop us an email.
As always, check our blog for the most up-to-date content and info.
Thanks!
-Chris Thompson
Secretary, Hive76.org