REMINDER: Thurs Oct 26th ARRL Maker event 7pm Conshohocken

Jim Fisher

Oct 24, 2017, 8:35:14 AM10/24/17
to hive76-discussion

Thursday, October 26, 2017

from 1900 -2100 hours

at the Montgomery County Fire Academy,

1175 Conshohocken Road in Conshohocken, PA.

Mr. Tom Gallagher NY2RF, ARRL CEO, will be the featured speaker for this meeting. Mr. Gallagher will present on the Collegiate Amateur Radio Initiative, the direction the ARRL board of directors is taking, and the future of amateur radio and our founding organization. He will also discuss potential collaboration between amateur radio and the maker movement that is becoming prevalent throughout the county. All amateurs in the local area are invited to attend this special meeting. Further information about the venue can be found at

http://www.montcopa.org/136/Fire-Academy

PLEASE pass on to anyone who may be interested.

--
jim fisher
Jedijf

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
  --  Jedi Master Yoda

Jim Fisher

Oct 27, 2017, 12:38:26 PM10/27/17
to hive76-discussion, The Hacktory
MakeLV asked how the ARRL event went last night. I am forwarding my response to:

1) Hold myself accountable

2) Apply guilt.

Also sent this to an amateur radio operator:

So, along with Amateurs visiting Makerspaces (and vice versa), I just
realized that if Amateur Radio folks wanted Arduino or Raspberry Pi
presentations they could reach out to the Makerspaces for
presentations.

I truly believe that this work is to be done at ground level with air
support by ARRL. ARRL seems to be doing/willing to expand it's side.
IT IS US that is lacking. Both sides. It's slowly happening, but we
can help move this along by each supporting each other with each
giving presentations to the other in the areas of your expertise.

I can help be that conduit as I am involved in both worlds.