First Supply purchase

1 view

Craig

Nov 16, 2011, 10:17:27 AM11/16/11
to hive13-arcade
Hi everybody.

We have the middle panel all worked out and will be doing the side panels next.  We are still working on finding a good motherboard etc to run inside the cabinet and are currently having some issues but hopefully they will be resolved soon.

Once the side panels and computer are up we will need to make our first purchase for missing parts.  We are going to build out a working version first then we can focus on upgrading and making things more fancy and nice.  We have a bunch of buttons but no switches for them.  We also need the I-Pac controller and crimps.  We can hold off on some of the other things but here is the list.

* I-Pac4 - $65 - 56 Inputs - http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html
* 100 Crimp Connectors - $9
* We need around 30 switches... digi-key has them for around $1.50ish each.  This price kind of sucks imo because a full button is usually $2 w/o switch etc.  I saw on happmart.com that they sell the microswitches for .50 cents but that site is uber shady.  If we are just buying for the middle panel we can get just 9 switches.

Eventually we will need:
* Opti-PAC - $40 - Trackball and spinnner joysticks
* PacLED64 - $60 - Not needed but would be fun.  Would be used to light up the proper buttons for each game, etc. http://www.ultimarc.com/pacled64.html
* Another joystick (We have 2 and need a 3rd)

So I think for our immediate costs we need to raise around $90.  That would allow us to get the middle panel all wired and working (minus the trackball) and give us enough ports on the I-Pac to support the two sides when we build those out.

I don't have a jar or anything to collect the money.  So just try to find me to donate.  Thanks.

--Craig