Enhanced support for iceberg

Carol Chapman

Feb 14, 2022, 5:01:17 AM2/14/22
to MR3
Hi,
With the continuous maturity of Lakehouse technology and the continuous growth of business needs, the function of hive ACID has gradually been unable to meet our needs. We want to use Apache iceberg to meet relevant requirements.
At present, the main branch code of Apache hive/Apache spark has submitted a lot of support for iceberg. We hope to transplant it into hive on mr3/spark on mr3.

Regards.

Sungwoo Park

Feb 17, 2022, 2:01:39 AM2/17/22
to MR3
Hive 4 is evolving to support Iceberg, so our plan is to release Hive 4 on MR3. In fact, we previously released Hive 4 on MR3 1.2, and we will shift our focus from Hive 3 to Hive 4 from the next release of MR3. (We still have about a couple of hundreds of patches to backport to Hive 3.1.) Thanks for asking about Iceberg support.

Cheers,

--- Sungwoo

Carol Chapman

Feb 17, 2022, 2:48:39 AM2/17/22
to MR3
That sounds great!   I'm looking forward to it.