Enhanced support for apache spark

Carol Chapman

Feb 21, 2022, 9:19:19 PM2/21/22
to MR3
spark 3.2. X integrates many latest functions. We hope mr3 can upgrade the supported spark version

Sungwoo Park

Feb 21, 2022, 10:15:19 PM2/21/22
to MR3
Are you using Spark-MR3 in production, or interested in using it in production? We are planning to release Spark 3.2.1 in the release of MR3 1.5, but we are not aware of any use case of Spark-MR3 in production.

Spark-MR3 differentiates itself from vanilla Spark when it comes to running multiple Spark drivers concurrently. That is, you need just a single Spark-MR3 cluster to support multiple Spark drivers, which can improve resource utilization significantly.

Cheers,

--- Sungwoo

Message has been deleted

Carol Chapman

Feb 22, 2022, 3:23:43 AM2/22/22
to MR3

We are planning to use SPARK ON MR3, Because we want to use the features of mr3 to optimize resource utilization and speed up the operation of computing tasks(LLAP).
If we can using spark 3.2.1 on  MR3 1.5, we will soon use it in the production environment. After all, mr3 on spark is not too risky to use.
Cheers,