mr3worker-abd2-3 is in pending state for a long

kouts shukla

Jun 3, 2021, 12:36:28 PM6/3/21
to MR3

How to set a condition so all the worker pods should launch on nodes that has a label dataplatform ?

Below condition can be used while launching hive-metatsore but how to do it for worker pods "mr3worker-abd2-3"?

Screenshot 2021-06-03 at 10.03.20 PM.png

Sungwoo Park

Jun 3, 2021, 11:49:27 PM6/3/21
to MR3
In the current implementation of MR3, you cannot specify node affinity rules for master and worker pods. For worker pods, you can control their placement with node selectors (mr3.k8s.pod.worker.node.selector) and tolerations (mr3.k8s.pod.worker.toleration.spec). For master pod, you can also use pod affinity rules (mr3.k8s.master.pod.affinity.match.label).

If node selectors and tolerations do not meet the need in your scenario, we can add support for node affinity rules. So, please let me know if you need node affinity rules.

Cheers,

--- Sungwoo