Moving content to Nomadwiki & Trashwiki

Mikael Korpela

Jan 31, 2015, 10:10:28 AM1/31/15
to Hitchwiki
Hola!

Right now links from Hitchwiki to Nomadwiki and Trashwiki are quite hidden, but that’s about to change with the new version of Hitchwiki we’re developing now with Rémi and Olexandr. ( https://github.com/hitchwiki/hitchwiki/ )

Therefore I’m calling for help to migrate non-hitching related contents out from Hitchwiki and creating links between all these wikis!

Here are detailed instructions: http://hitchwiki.org/en/Hitchwiki:Migrating_content_to_other_wikis (feel free to edit them, too)

Lemme know what do you think!
Mikael

--
Mikael Korpela
www.mikaelkorpela.fi

Callum Macdonald

Feb 17, 2015, 4:23:51 AM2/17/15
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
It's super easy to "archive" WordPress stuff by converting it to read-only HTML. That's what I did for the opencs site, and I maybe have some code left over. It mostly revolved around a recursive wget call.

If the posts are all public, I'd recommend doing that. If not, then dump the database, tar the filesystem + the dump, and stick it in an archive somewhere. Maybe replace the whole thing with a notice that it's gone, but still exists, if somebody wants to do something more meaningful with the data, it could be dug out of the archive fairly easily.

Mikael Korpela

Feb 17, 2015, 4:32:21 AM2/17/15
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! That's a good idea.

Mikael

Callum Macdonald

Feb 17, 2015, 4:52:45 AM2/17/15
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Hahaha, whoops, you're absolutely right! - C