DDoS hitchwiki

oo-O-oo

Jan 7, 2016, 4:50:11 PM1/7/16
to Hitchwiki
Hey, recenlty we I mean russian administrators had some issues with one person from Perm claiming we stole his information about exits from his city from his personal wiki. Eventually he appealed to me with his crazy requests and among other threats threatened to start DDos attack on hitchwiki. I guess he started it so we have some extended delays on loading, I mean seconds, tens of seconds. I dunno maybe he uses LOIC, which is fairly simple to run but could be filtered by IP.

P.S. I found him as a true phychopathic person so rational reasoning fails all the time with him. And this guy is also Trustroots member. https://www.trustroots.org/profile/trikster He spends a lot of time on internet just pranking on travellers or posting supercilious arogant comments on them. He loaded my chat with his verbal diarrhoea for days non stop until I blocked him and then I filled three request to police for threatening to kill me, threateng to organize ddos attack and posting my telephone number on dating websites.

Philipp Gruber

Jan 7, 2016, 6:04:16 PM1/7/16
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. That sounds truly horrible. Is there
anything we can do to help you, as in blocking IP addresses or something?
I just checked the logs and can't find any evidence of DDoS attacks
within the last week and Hitchwiki loads fine here.

Cheers,

Philipp

Raville Ahmedov

Jan 7, 2016, 6:43:16 PM1/7/16
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
If there is no attack so there is nothing to do more. Maybe it's my local ping issue or whatever. I still got around 30-45-50 seconds to load the page from hitchwiki. Local provider and the rest of internet work just fine for me so I thought it's some kind of wiki thing.

Alexey Krichun

Jan 8, 2016, 8:33:36 AM1/8/16
to Hitchwiki
Hi all,

I can confirm that I have similar issues of Hitchwiki loading delays (specifically, in Russian section). Sometimes everything is fine, but sometimes loading a page takes about a minute.
I'm in Israel, it couldn't be local troubles of Ravil.
Probably this started after recent server update?

Philipp Gruber

Jan 14, 2016, 9:01:29 PM1/14/16
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm, that now after working a bit on the site, this happens
occasionally.
I'm not sure what the reason is, but I'll investigate a bit.

In any case, other websites on this server are fine, so it is definitely
not a DDoS attack or anything like that, but more likely an issue in our
software.