Connecting wiki content with maps contect

Kundrt

Dec 4, 2013, 11:55:37 AM12/4/13
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
I'd like to connect map spots with wiki spots, showing rating/comments (collapsible to not take lot of space)/gps coordinates at wiki. If you agree with this idea, could you please install these 2 extensions:

I was thinking to make Template:Spot with only 2 attributes: MapID and description and get rating/comments/gps from maps API in JSON.

Or write your idea of better approach or final look of spot at wiki.

Matyas

Kasper Souren

Dec 4, 2013, 12:53:12 PM12/4/13
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matyas,

What wiki is this about?
(I have and work on quite a few :)

Kasper

Kundrt

Dec 4, 2013, 12:58:07 PM12/4/13
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Hitchwiki and hitchwiki maps.

Kasper Souren

Dec 4, 2013, 1:18:41 PM12/4/13
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Ah sorry I hadn't noticed this was going to the [hitchwiki] group :)

Cool idea. I added a github issue now:
https://github.com/Hitchwiki/hitchwiki/issues/28
I think it will be installed this week but get back to me if it hasn't
happened by next week.

What else do you need? Could be good to follow up on the github project..

Kasper Souren

Dec 18, 2013, 11:57:20 AM12/18/13
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Added ExternalData.
Should we cache stuff as well?

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Kundrt <kund...@gmail.com> wrote:

Kundrt

Dec 19, 2013, 10:41:05 AM12/19/13
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I was playing with http://hitchwiki.org/en/Template:Spot today, planning to add comments later. But it doesn't look as good as i wanted, how do you like it? Suggestions please...

About caching i don't know much, but maps' spot data aren't changing that often so it could be cached maybe.