Non-English Hitchwikis after crash

Alexey Krichun

Sep 20, 2016, 4:28:08 AM9/20/16
to Hitchwiki
Hi,

Looks like after recent crash-restore (thanks for bringing it back!) only English Hitchwiki is working. All other language sections report "Unknown database" error).

BTW all dumps on "Database dumps" page are also missing.

--
Alexey Krichun

Kasper Souren

Sep 20, 2016, 4:33:03 AM9/20/16
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexey,

Gonna fix that now. At least with some older backups, hopefully we'll
get fresher backups up in the coming days - before we turn on editing
again.
BTW, wanna join us on Slack? https://hitchwiki.slack.com/

Cheers,
Kasper

Alexey Krichun

Sep 20, 2016, 4:41:23 AM9/20/16
to hitc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Not sure I can help a lot, but would like to join.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Alexey Krichun <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looks like after recent crash-restore (thanks for bringing it back!) only
> English Hitchwiki is working. All other language sections report "Unknown
> database" error).
>
> BTW all dumps on "Database dumps" page are also missing.
>
> --
> Alexey Krichun
>
> --

Alexey Krichun

Philipp Gruber

Sep 20, 2016, 4:45:24 AM9/20/16
to hitc...@googlegroups.com, Kasper Souren
Hmm, that's odd. Are the databases gone or just broken?
I got backups from the 19th of Sep, so shouldn't be much loss, but I won't be near a computer for the next 12 hours.

Since when do we have a slack? Add me too, please.

Am 20. September 2016 18:32:22 GMT+10:00, schrieb Kasper Souren <kasper...@gmail.com>:
Hi Alexey,

Gonna fix that now. At least with some older backups, hopefully we'll
get fresher backups up in the coming days - before we turn on editing
again.
BTW, wanna join us on Slack? https://hitchwiki.slack.com/

Cheers,
Kasper

Kasper Souren

Sep 20, 2016, 4:50:53 AM9/20/16
to Philipp Gruber, hitc...@googlegroups.com
We set up slack last night, thought it would be good to have in
situations like this and also in general :)
I added your gmail address yesterday, added the @flupps.net one now.

I put most languages back, with old dumps (from my laptop).
Unfortunately I didn't have a Ukrainian dbdump on my laptop yet. But
that should be fixed soon enough.

Note it's all $wgReadOnly now.

Cheers,
Kasper

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Philipp Gruber
<philipp...@flupps.net> wrote:
> Hmm, that's odd. Are the databases gone or just broken?
> I got backups from the 19th of Sep, so shouldn't be much loss, but I won't
> be near a computer for the next 12 hours.
>
> Since when do we have a slack? Add me too, please.
>

> Am 20. September 2016 18:32:22 GMT+10:00, schrieb Kasper Souren
> <kasper...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hi Alexey,
>>
>> Gonna fix that now. At least with some older backups, hopefully we'll
>> get fresher backups up in the coming days - before we turn on editing
>> again.
>> BTW, wanna join us on Slack? https://hitchwiki.slack.com/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kasper