Historypin hashtag suggestions please!

Alex Smith

Aug 28, 2013, 7:09:55 AM8/28/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

We are trying to strengthen our twitter/facebook hashtags. We use #PinOfTheDay and #OnThisDay already.

We want to introduce a hashtag for a great overlay of an image in Historypin on Google street view.

Imagine this is at the beginning of a tweet, which would you click on:

  • Isn't this #Overlay amazing...
  • Isn't this #Fade amazing...
  • Isn't this #StreetView amazing...
  • Isn't this #ThenAndNow amazing...
  • Isn't this #HistoryFade amazing...

Or indeed, Let us know if you have some other cracking hashtags that you think would better describe an overlay?

Take care,

Alex

Jon Voss

Aug 28, 2013, 11:33:48 AM8/28/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
I like ThenAndNow, and probably HistoryFade as a number 2, though it does bring Kid 'n Play immediately to mind..

Jon

Jon Voss
Historypin Strategic Partnerships Director

ph. 415-935-4701

Tori Flower

Aug 28, 2013, 11:36:32 AM8/28/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
I really enjoyed this email.
fade.jpg

James Morley

Aug 28, 2013, 6:53:25 PM8/28/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com

100% ThenAndNow from me

James

EastMarple1

Aug 28, 2013, 7:00:56 PM8/28/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
#WasIs  - brief and to the point?

Sarah

Alex Smith

Aug 30, 2013, 5:33:31 AM8/30/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
HI all,

Thanks for the input. We will be meeting on all things social media next Wednesday, so if you think of any blinders by then, drop us a line. If not i'll keep you posted on what we go with.

Have a great weekend.

Alex

Alex Smith
Historypin Project Officer

We Are What We Do
71 St John Street
London
EC1M 4NJ
020 7148 7670

Alex Smith

Sep 23, 2013, 5:29:19 AM9/23/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
Hi There All,

We have made a decision on the hastag! We are going to be using #HistoryFade as the hashtag for streetviewed images. We will be posting little videos of the fades, so #HistoryFade explains what it is. It also fits really well with our other new hashtag #HistoryMystery that you might have seen being used on our awesome Year of the Bay project. If you aint seen it take a look:  http://www.historypin.com/project/13839007-yearofthebay/

We're currently building a stash of these #HistoryFade's and will be pushing them out as soon as we have a good level of videos made to sustain the use of the hashtag. I'll let you all know when this is.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help on this one, it's really appreciated.

Take care,

Alex Smith