Android HistoryPin app issues

Translucence

Jun 16, 2014, 10:07:58 PM6/16/14
to histo...@googlegroups.com
Hey hey, me again.

Not sure if the Android HistoryPin app is still in development? Just I have a few comments in case it is...

- The "haptic feedback" (phone vibrating) when you click on a photograph is bizarre and pointless ... and irritating.
I've seen other users leave comments about this as well.

- The app constantly crashes when clicking on pinned photographs

- The app doesn't show some photographs. I noted this a couple of years ago but it's still the case. This is not just a case of me having too many pictures in the field of view, but when zooming in enough so there are at most 1 other pictures nearby. Seems to be no rhyme or reason. Some more recently added photos are there while older some older pictures aren't. But some are.

- The app shows the descriptions for some pictures but just leaves a blank for others that have descriptions.

This photo is one example that doesn't appear on the app despite being posted over a year ago and some photos I posted today *are* on the app map
("401 Burwood Road, Hawthorn VIC 3122, Australia")

Hope that helps.

Jon Voss

Jun 18, 2014, 1:11:34 AM6/18/14
to histo...@googlegroups.com
It's not in development, though we are revisiting our mobile approach, so this is hugely helpful!

Thanks, Jon

Translucence

Jun 18, 2014, 8:47:35 AM6/18/14
to histo...@googlegroups.com
Oh ... it's been discontinued? That's a shame.

Best wishes for your new mobile approach!