Three new Historypin Projects & an opportunity to help us improve our tools

Rebekkah Abraham

Jun 11, 2013, 7:30:57 AM6/11/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

As you may have seen, it's been a busy few weeks with several new Projects launching:

Hurricane Sandy: Record, Remember, Rebuild  http://www.historypin.com/sandy

We're inviting individuals, communities and cultural institutions to share their stories, photos and videos to create a visual record of Sandy's impact and how communities are rebuilding. The project has been put together with Google, the Metropolitan New York Library Council, the Society of American Archivists, and the American Association of State and Local History and you can read more about it on our blog.

Europeana 1989  www.europeana1989.eu

2014 will mark 25 years since the destruction of the Berlin Wall in 1989, the iconic moment which began the re-unification of Europe after decades of separation during the Cold War. To commemorate this momentous event, we're working in partnership with Europeana, on to help gather the many personal stories, photos, videos, audio clips and documents that chronicle the events of 1989. Read more on our blog, or start exploring and sharing your stories here.

Historypin hits Japan!
www.historypin.jp

Historypin has been growing all around the world over the last 12 months with, with lots of fantastic local projects going on. As we try and do more to foster and support these projects globally, we’re also working in a few key areas to plan substantial localisation and launch activity. Japan is first on this list and we have been lucky enough to start working with a group of fantastic partners through the British Council in Tokyo. Nick Stanhope, Historypin Chief Exec just spent an inspiring week with the British Council team getting involved with some planning sessions and community visits to explore how we might be able to do more Historypin work in Japan. As a starting point we've got a Japanese area on Historypin and hope to be extending or Japanese work soon.

And finally ...  Want to help us improve our tools?

We are looking for some Historypinners to help us test our tools and need your help! If you're a newish to Historypin & can come to our HQ (London UK), read on http://bit.ly/1b3ARas

Warm wishes,

Rebekkah and the Historypin Team