behind the scenes, Terms & Conditions updates

Jon Voss

May 31, 2013, 11:37:02 AM5/31/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
We've been in the midst of a very busy and exciting stretch at Historypin, which you may have noticed.  This week, we launched the Hurricane Sandy [1] project and Historypin Japan [2], and have one more launch coming next week in association with Europeana (stay tuned!).

Sandwiched in between these launched, we've put new Terms & Conditions in place, which you can read more about on our blog [3].  While the changes don't affect the user experience at all, they represent a major step toward much bigger possibilities, such as Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that will allow people and institutions to do more with your content if you want them to, and at least greatly improve discovery.  It also gives us greater ability to work with cultural heritage institutions and major content aggregators and partners like Europeana, the Digital Public Library of America, and Wikimedia Foundation.

We just wanted you to know that this marks one of the first steps in a journey toward exciting new features--though we have a long way to go.  But you know, a journey of a thousand miles and all that…  Thanks for coming along with us!

Jon

Jon Voss
Historypin Strategic Partnerships Director

ph. 415-935-4701

We Are What We Do
London | San Francisco

Jon Voss