Social logins on Historypin

Rebekkah Abraham

Jul 9, 2013, 12:28:30 PM7/9/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

As you may have seen, we have just upgraded our login system so that you can create an account or login via Twitter and Facebook as well as Google.

It would be great to get your feedback on this before we publicly announce it, so please do have a go at the tasks below if you have some time. There is a form below for you to fill in with any bugs or questions.

If you already have a Historypin Channel
Please log in with your Google details first. You can then chose to authenticate other login services.
(If you try and login with Twitter or Facebook first, you will create a new Historypin Channel rather than accessing your existing one).

If you don’t have a Historypin Channel
Choose any service to login with. A new Channel will be created for you.

Tasks

Please complete one of the lettered tasks. And if you have time, and other accounts, please feel free to do more than one!

Task A

1. Go to www.historypin.com.
2. Click login.
3. Login with your Google account.
4. Click around and check you stay logged in.
5. Log out

Task B

1. Go to www.historypin.com.
2. Click login.
3. Login with your Google account.
4. Go to your Channel
5. Click the authentication tab.
6. Authenticate a different service.
7. When you are returned to Historypin, check the authentication tab. It should say “connected”
8. Click around to make sure you are logged in.
9. Log out
10. Log in with the service you just authenticated
11. Try logging in with the service you just authenticated.

Feedback & Reporting bugs
If you find any problems (eg. you can’t see your photos, you are in someone else's account, you are logged out involuntarily), email me or fill in this form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wR5AXeq_gzZEYUi5UjxfDt5QVwtC_CM5LkyKd9wz_wI/viewform

Please add as much descriptive information as you can about the steps you took. Please add screengrabs of what you see, it you can.

Thanks!

Rebekkah

Steven Clifford

Jul 20, 2013, 12:40:47 PM7/20/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rebecca,

How are you? I tried logging into my account this morning (using my google account) and when I do it treats me as a new user. I know that my channel is still there (http://www.historypin.com/channels/view/7083028#|photos/list/) but it doesn't seem to recognize me.

I did add a gmail account a month or so ago but I still log in to Google with my old email and password. Any idea?

Cheers,
Steve