Linking/searching/finding Users/Tours/Collections

Chris Rowe

Mar 27, 2013, 1:09:35 PM3/27/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
We are creating tours in History pin and need a way for people to find them easily.

There are a few ways we would like to be able for user to do this and as far as I can tell none of them exist.

  1. Direct link to app. If someone was on their device and clicked a link it would take them to our User page, a specific tour, etc.
  2. Search. Let people search for Users, Tours, etc.
  3. What tours is an image part of. If a user is viewing an image, they should see all the tours it is a part of.
Thanks,
Chris

Rebekkah Abraham

Mar 27, 2013, 1:21:25 PM3/27/13
to histo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

These are great ideas and we are in the process of looking at how we can improve our search so these are really useful. We particularly love the one about an image being flagged if it is in a Tour so people can discover great content as they browse the site.

I am not sure if this is what you were referring to, but there is a way to search users on the site via the Channel search (this is also available on the iPhone app):

http://www.historypin.com/channels/

However you can't yet search for a tour which we exploring.

And you can get a link to your Tour/Collection when Tour on your Channel, so you can drop it into places for people to click on.

http://www.historypin.com/channels/view/id/16280134/#|tours/view/id/18373104/title/Waterfront%20at%20War

Hope that helps a little , do keep us posted on other features you would find useful.

Rebekkah