Welcome!

Seosamh

Oct 1, 2011, 8:13:49 PM10/1/11
to History of Paleontology
The venerable Dinosaur Mailing List discussed the utility of a
distinct forum for discussion of the history of paleontology recently.
This group is here to see how much interest we have in those
discussions.

All discussions in this group should adhere to respectful behavior
standards. If you know in your heart you wouldn't say something, or
wouldn't say it so harshly in a public face-to-face forum, then please
don't post it to this group.

If it's related to the history of the scientific study of prehistoric
life and environments, it's fair game for discussion here. By that
definition, it's ok to discuss how pre-scientific or alternative views
of the fossil record influenced the history of the scientific study.
It's even acceptable to discuss how those kinds of influences impact
scientific study in modern times.

If it's an attempt to present alternative explanations for fossil
record, evolution, etc., and those explanations are not testable, at
least in principle, then please don't post it here. If it's an attempt
to convince others to adopt a belief in such explanations, please
don't post it here. Such behavior will only get the post(s) and any
replies deleted, and eventually get you banned from the group.

I hope this proves to be good resource for the respectful exchange and
exploration of ideas.

Thanks,

Joe

Scott Hartman

Oct 1, 2011, 11:56:18 PM10/1/11
to History of Paleontology
Thanks for setting th is up Joe, I'll be watching with great interest
(and participating when that interest boils over!).

-Scott

David Orr

Oct 2, 2011, 12:22:11 AM10/2/11
to history-of-...@googlegroups.com
Indeed. Thanks. I'm spreading the word on FB, Twitter, and on Love in
the Time of Chasmosaurs.

David

--
Orogenic Design: http://www.davidorogenic.com
Love in the Time of Chasmosaurs: http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com

Seosamh

Oct 2, 2011, 9:34:04 AM10/2/11
to History of Paleontology
Thanks, guys!

I tried to start with a few questions to get folks with more kowledge
than I have to jump in. It'd be nice if we can make this a resource
the way that the DML has always been. :)

Joe