Art Exhibit and Garden Party

Jim Hawk

Oct 21, 2023, 9:08:26 AM10/21/23
to HistoricEdgefield
GutenAbend_REDUCED.jpg

Hello, Neighbors!

Tony and I will be hosting an art exhibit and garden party on Saturday, October 28th. We want to invite our neighbors and support Historic Edgefield Neighbors (HEN)

To that end, 10% of the sales from the originals and prints will go to HEN to support their important work preserving and improving our neighborhood.

In 2018, we made our first visit to Berlin, Germany. Captivated by the night skies and city lights, Tony returned home to Historic Edgefield with the memories etched on his mind. Almost five years later, Tony will exhibit seven paintings from our time in Berlin.

Tony is a native Nashvillian, who enjoys transforming simple water-soluble oil paints into dramatic night-time urban landscapes. He has had numerous shows in such places as The Parthenon, Sarratt Gallery at Vanderbilt University, DreamWorks, Dark Hourse Theatre, and Historic Marathon Village. Prior to her closing, Tony's work was represented by the Art and Invention Gallery.

Art Exhibit & Garden Show
Saturday, October 28 (3:30 pm - 5:30 pm)
612 Shelby Avenue

In case of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled for Spring 2024.

Carol Norton LAST_NAME

Oct 25, 2023, 10:50:56 AM10/25/23
to Jim Hawk, HistoricEdgefield
For those of you who endured my rant on misplaced Scooter last night. . .there is hope.  Coincidentally, an old neighbor stopped by the house this morning, totally unrelated matter, and it was Billy Fields.  I told him I was done with HUB complaints, I was tired of nagging emails to him, my next step was to go to the Transportation and Licensing Commission -which he direct.  I sort of marjed it thru on my calendar, because I really sisn't want to get him in trouble, and was going to give him one more try.
I re[peated my rant--and he said hy was headed to Woodland, especitlly 9th/Woodland right now.
He also said, "no, no, no, they can't do that".  And give me a few days and I'll get that stopped.
They have 2 more enforcement folks, but as soon as they get trained another two transfer to Codes.  Such is Metro.
Not to say enforcing ADA should in any way be diminished.  I personally will be on board to push all the buttons when needed. And keeping an eagle eye out to see Billy does what he said.  He's an old, old friend, so I can say to him what I can't to those of you I don't know as well. 😉
Carol N