CHIRSTMAS 2023 THANK YOU!

Thomas J Brown

Dec 4, 2023, 4:52:41 PM12/4/23
to Historic Edgefield
Historic Edgefield Neighbors,

To everyone who worked hard to bring last night's Historic Edgefield Christmas 2023 party together, THANK YOU for a wonderful and memorable evening.

I was so nice to get to see so many new and veteran owners whom I never see often enough!

As the 20 - 48 year current HE owners/families are aware, I attempted to pull together as many of us as possible for a photo.  I wish I'd brought my good camera!  Certainly, missing from this group picture who were in attendance, but I sadly missed, are Kathleen Campbell Smith, Jim Hoobler and John Guider.  Missing not in attendance Bob/Cindy Acuff, Eileen Behan/Bill Sinclair and I must mention Larry West, emeritus.  Did I miss anyone?

What a great group and a picture that is heartwarming. There are many years, COUNTLESS hours of hard work and fun times among this group.  Working to build what Historic Edgefield is today and was coined many years ago, "A Great Place to Live"

While I do not live in Historic Edgefield any longer, my heart is still there.  500, 502 Russell and 915 Boscobel keep me rooted there still to this day.

Safe Holidays and Merry Christmas,

Thom Brown

ex 720 Boscobel St

Inline image

20231203_175931 color edits cropped.jpg

Carol Norton LAST_NAME

Dec 4, 2023, 5:12:20 PM12/4/23
to Thomas J Brown, Thomas J Brown' via HistoricEdgefield
A bunch of old geezers, still looking pretty good!  And a second and thired generation mixed in, too.
Thanks, Thom for doing this,
Love you bunches!
Carol N

Carol Norton LAST_NAME

Dec 5, 2023, 3:59:50 PM12/5/23
to historic...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone joining me tomorrow at East Library for the meeting about Main Street?  Haven't seen a notice, but 12 noon--1:30.
LMK if you want to hitch a ride.

Carol N

Carol Norton LAST_NAME

Dec 8, 2023, 12:26:54 PM12/8/23
to historic...@googlegroups.com
Hi neighbors,
Please, please come to the meeting at East Park, Monday evening 5:30-7pm. If we ever want to see changes on Main/Gallatin, this may be the chance to give it another try--with the promise of getting something done.  (I asked)

After an intro, there are sheets to prioritize your locations of concern.  There were several pointing to the intersection front of the Library. (the "triangle").  I called it "The Civic Oval" as the comprehensive plan was called back in the day. There will be a combination of the contracted folks, as well as NDOT staff there. Jim Hoobler and I went the other day at East Library.  and will be there again, just to be sure the story stays the same.

And I'm assuming snacks again, of the likes fruit, cookies and such.

Bob and Cindy, hope you'll be there. Carol Williams, too.  Any other long time neighbors, as well as the newcomers.  We need a crowd!

Carol N

Carol Norton LAST_NAME

Dec 8, 2023, 1:35:54 PM12/8/23
to historic...@googlegroups.com

Let's have a do-over. OOOPS!!!  My eye's so messed up I can't see the calendar.

Hi neighbors,
Please, please come to the meeting at East Park, THURSDAY evening, DECEMBER 14th,  5:30-7pm. If we ever want to see changes on Main/Gallatin, this may be the chance to give it another try--with the promise of getting something done.  (I asked)

After an intro, there are sheets to prioritize your locations of concern.  There were several pointing to the intersection front of the Library. (the "triangle").  I called it "The Civic Oval" as the comprehensive plan was called back in the day. There will be a combination of the contracted folks, as well as NDOT staff there. Jim Hoobler and I went the other day at East Library.  And I will be there again, just to be sure the story stays the same.