NTF: April showers brings... Free Trees!🌳🌳

ant05vi...@comcast.net

Apr 10, 2024, 5:13:27 PMApr 10
to Historic Edgefield Neighborhood Assoc.

From: Nashville Tree Foundation <tr...@nashvilletreefoundation.org>
To: Anthony Viglietti <Ant05Vi...@comcast.net>
Subject: April showers brings... Free Trees!🌳🌳

April 8, 2024

Adopt a Tree from NTF this month!

Spring in Nashville means festivals... and festivals mean a chance to score a free tree from Nashville Tree Foundation! Here's where you can find a tree adoption tent this April.

Plus, a special Big Old Tree news feature, job opportunities, and a planting season recap!

Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival

🌸When? This Saturday, April 13, 9:30am until our supply runs out

🌸Where? Nashville Public Square Park

🌸Tell me more! We're bringing 250 cherry trees to the Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival! Come experience Music City's best celebration of Japanese Culture: a full day of Japanese music, dance, martial arts, food, and more. Our cherry trees are first come, first serve.

Visit The Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival website for more info, including parking and event schedule

Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival website

Nashville Earth Day

Nashville Earth Day website

🌎 When? Saturday, April 20, 11:00am-5pm (or until our supply runs out)

🌎 Where? Centennial Park Bandshell

🌎 Tell me more! It's our biggest tree giveaway of the year... we're bringing 850 trees to Earth Day Festival thanks to our partners at Amazon. Come for the free trees, and stay for the celebration of our planet. Shop local growers and makers, jam to some live music, or catch an expert at EarthTalks Tent. Species available:

  • White Oak
  • Willow Oak
  • Tulip Poplar
  • White Pine
  • Southern Magnolia
  • Nellie R Stevens Holly
  • Serviceberry - "Autumn Brilliance"
  • Paw Paw
  • Alleghany Viburnum
  • Kousa Dogwood
  • Jane Magnolia
  • Ann Magnolia

Madison Tornado Relief Tree Distribution

presented by Kroger

🌱 When? Tuesday, April 30, 5:00-7pm

🌱 Where? Amqui Station & Visitors Center

🌱 Tell me more! Thanks to partnership from Kroger and Arbor Day Foundation, we're continuing to rebuild the tree canopy after Madison's recent natural disaster. Pre-register for your tree here.

Tree Pre-Registration

Champion Trees make their TV debut

Tune into Nashville Public Television's Volunteer Gardener

Tune into the newest episode of Nashville Public Television's Volunteer Gardener show to explore some of Nashville's most unique trees with Julia Berbiglia and NTF Board Member, Vicki Turner.

Last year, we added a twist to our annual Big Old Tree Contest. After 30 years, the contest now recognizes two new categories Champion Trees: Unique Trees and Story Trees. Join Julia and Vicki as they explore... well, we don't want to spoil it!

Click below to watch the full segment.

Trees That Make You Say "Wow"

Join our Team!

We're Hiring our Seasonal Summer Crew

Summer is on the horizon... join our Seasonal Crew for a chance to learn a new skill, expand your tree knowledge, and keep our young trees healthy and happy. Head to our website to read full job descriptions for the following positions:

  • Urban Forestry Operations Coordinator (Seasonal position: May-September)
  • Summer Intern/Program Technician (Seasonal position, May-September)

Apply now!

Farewell, Planting Season 🌳👋

The season has come to a close, but not without a proper send off!

Last Saturday, a mass of volunteers joined us as we partnered with Metro Water Services, Friends of William Edmondson Homesite & Gardens, and the Edgehill Public Library to grow their canopy. Their 47 new trees will allow them to qualify for Level 2 Arboretum status!

That brings our total to... drum roll, please... 1,755 trees this season! It's all thanks to you -- our volunteers, our Tree Fest recipients, our neighborhood leaders, and our planting partners.

Support our planting goals, donate today!

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

LinkedIn

Nashville Tree Foundation
PO Box 58962
Nashville, TN 37205
United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

image007.png
image008.png
image009.png
image010.png