Elasticsearch 5 Webapp to local Cargo

Roy Fokker

Mar 6, 2017, 4:35:35 AM3/6/17
to Hippo Community
Hi,

As Elasticsearch 5 is now supported with the latest release 11.2, I am wondering if there are any plans to make this dependency "hippo-addon-targeting-demo-support-elasticsearch" compatible with Elasticsearch 5 for local development? Currently Elasticsearch 2.4.1 is used for local development by this dependency and I would to like to keep all environments in sync with same es version.

Kind regards,

Roy Fokker

Michiel Eggermont

Mar 6, 2017, 6:08:21 AM3/6/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 10:35 AM Roy Fokker <roy.f...@incentro.com> wrote:
Hi,

As Elasticsearch 5 is now supported with the latest release 11.2, I am wondering if there are any plans to make this dependency "hippo-addon-targeting-demo-support-elasticsearch" compatible with Elasticsearch 5 for local development? Currently Elasticsearch 2.4.1 is used for local development by this dependency and I would to like to keep all environments in sync with same es version.

The elasticsearch support module will remain on version 2.4 for all Hippo DX 11.x  versions because ES2 is the default supported version. At version 12 of Hippo DX we will make Elasticsearch 5 the default and we will also release developer support for ES5.

 I already tried upgrading the elasticsearch support module, but I found out it is not so easy anymore to start ES5 embedded in a web-app. I expect we will switch over to starting ES5 via the elasticsearch-maven-plugin [1]. We already use the plugin for integration tests. You could try using the plugin in your project instead of using hippo-addon-targeting-demo-support-elasticsearch.

Kind regards,
Michiel Eggermont

Kind regards,

Roy Fokker

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)