How to download Hippo CMS

Phani Raj

Mar 30, 2016, 6:35:03 AM3/30/16
to Hippo Community
Hi Team ,

I am new to Hippo and I am looking for install Hippo CMS 10 in my machine , I had not found any Link in "http://www.onehippo.org/" and http://www.onehippo.org/en/    , let me know where i can found to download / install the hippo in my machine .

Phani

Smitha KB

Mar 30, 2016, 7:01:54 AM3/30/16
to Hippo Community

Niels van Kampenhout

Mar 30, 2016, 12:53:03 PM3/30/16
to Hippo Community

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Phani Raj

Apr 5, 2016, 9:30:10 AM4/5/16
to Hippo Community
Hi Smita and vankampenhout,

Thanks for sharing the information , Actually i am looking for hippo-cms10  version zip download link , if you have that please share with me , I am not able to find that in the below links , Please share that link with me .

Phani.

marijan milicevic

Apr 5, 2016, 10:18:14 AM4/5/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Phani Raj <phani2...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Smita and vankampenhout,

Thanks for sharing the information , Actually i am looking for hippo-cms10  version zip download link , if you have that please share with me , I am not able to find that in the below links , Please share that link with me .

already provided link [1] contains a link to demo project and build instructions. Demo project is based on 10.2 version, so you are all set,
cheers
marijan

Phani.

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:05:03 PM UTC+5:30, Phani Raj wrote:
Hi Team ,

I am new to Hippo and I am looking for install Hippo CMS 10 in my machine , I had not found any Link in "http://www.onehippo.org/" and http://www.onehippo.org/en/    , let me know where i can found to download / install the hippo in my machine .

Phani

Phani Raj

Apr 6, 2016, 5:30:31 AM4/6/16
to Hippo Community

Hi Team,

Thank you for sharing the information , we have gone thru the link shared  by you , the link is for hippo cms 10  enterprise edition ,i am intersted to work on hippo cms 10 free ware edition .please share the hippo cms 10  free ware edition  software download link and what are the different jars are required for hippo cms 10 free ware edition(Open Source) .

Phani.

marijan milicevic

Apr 6, 2016, 5:45:18 AM4/6/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Phani Raj <phani2...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Team,

Thank you for sharing the information , we have gone thru the link shared  by you , the link is for hippo cms 10  enterprise edition ,i am intersted to work on hippo cms 10 free ware edition .please share the hippo cms 10  free ware edition  software download link and what are the different jars are required for hippo cms 10 free ware edition(Open Source) .

I have a feeling we are beating a dead horse here...

did you actually download (and followed provided instructions)?
provided project *is* community edition..

cheers
marijan

Phani.

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:05:03 PM UTC+5:30, Phani Raj wrote:
Hi Team ,

I am new to Hippo and I am looking for install Hippo CMS 10 in my machine , I had not found any Link in "http://www.onehippo.org/" and http://www.onehippo.org/en/    , let me know where i can found to download / install the hippo in my machine .

Phani

Phani Raj

Apr 6, 2016, 6:44:10 AM4/6/16
to Hippo Community
dont feel like that , just guide me or if possible can you please share the screens hots with me , then accordingly i will download the hippo cms 10 .

marijan milicevic

Apr 6, 2016, 6:52:06 AM4/6/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Phani Raj <phani2...@gmail.com> wrote:
dont feel like that , just guide me or if possible can you please share the screens hots with me , then accordingly i will download the hippo cms 10 .

can you explain which part is not clear to you so we can help?
There are three steps you need to do:

1) download example project from:

Above page  clearly states it is a community edition  ("Download and run a finished Community Edition project as built in the tutorials." )

2) Build the project as described here:

3) run the project as described here:

cheers
marijan

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:05:03 PM UTC+5:30, Phani Raj wrote:
Hi Team ,

I am new to Hippo and I am looking for install Hippo CMS 10 in my machine , I had not found any Link in "http://www.onehippo.org/" and http://www.onehippo.org/en/    , let me know where i can found to download / install the hippo in my machine .

Phani

Phani Raj

Apr 13, 2016, 7:05:11 AM4/13/16
to Hippo Community

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:05:03 PM UTC+5:30, Phani Raj wrote:
Hi Team ,

Thank You For Sharing the information , Finally I got the  sample project gogreen-iteration zip from onehippo website , by using maven i had downloaded hippo repositories  into my machine .

I am using the softwares :

apache-Maven-3.3.1
Jdk8
tomcat8
mysql5.6
toad6.7

when I tried to run the gogreen project from command prompt by using the commands mvn clean and mvn clean verify and mvn install and mvn -p cargo.run .It is working good . I am able to up the site in my machine by using localhost:8080/cms.

But the problem is when i am trying to configure the sample gogreen project by using eclipse-kepler(Version :service release1) in 32-bit operating system .I had followed the steps in the following hippo url (http://www.onehippo.org/library/development/import-a-project-into-eclipse.html) to configure sample project in eclipse , but i am facing a error at the time when starting tomcat server (Error: Could not find or load main class).I had configured Java class path and compiler as 1.7 and maven user settings (settings.xml) in eclipse and updated all maven projects.(Site,Cms and essentials).

Let me know if any information is required from my side .

Phani.

Phani Raj

Apr 13, 2016, 7:11:35 AM4/13/16
to Hippo Community
ublishing failed with multiple errors
Error copying file components\angular\angular.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\angular-sanitize\angular-sanitize.min.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\google-code-prettify\src\prettify.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\angular-animate\angular-animate.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\angular-aria\angular-aria.min.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\hippo-theme\dist\js\main.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\hippo-theme\dist\js\main.min.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\angular-ui-router\release\angular-ui-router.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\angular-chosen-localytics\chosen.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\jquery\dist\jquery.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\angular-bootstrap\ui-bootstrap-tpls.js: Access is denied
Error copying file components\chosen\chosen.jquery.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\underscore-min.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\highlight.7.3.pack.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\shred.bundle.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\swagger.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\jquery.ba-bbq.min.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\jquery.wiggle.min.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\shred\content.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\handlebars-1.0.0.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\jquery-1.8.0.min.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\backbone-min.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\lib\jquery.slideto.min.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\swagger-ui.js: Access is denied
Error copying file docs\rest-api\swagger-ui.min.js: Access is denied
Error copying file js\controllers.js: Access is denied
Error copying file js\app.js: Access is denied
Error copying file js\loader.js: Access is denied
Error copying file js\lib\angular-ui-tree.js: Access is denied
Error copying file js\routes.js: Access is denied
Error copying file js\directives.js: Access is denied
Error copying file js\Essentials.js: Access is denied

Phani Raj

Apr 15, 2016, 7:34:31 AM4/15/16
to Hippo Community
Hi Team ,

i am looking for solution for my problem.Can you guys help me on this .

Phani

Jasper Floor

Apr 18, 2016, 3:37:44 AM4/18/16
to Hippo Community
Well the error you post is access denied. Check the permissions of the files. What OS are you using?

mvg,
Jasper

Jasper Floor

Apr 18, 2016, 4:33:44 AM4/18/16
to Hippo Community
Hi,
Do you have UAC turned on? If so try disabling it.

mvg,
Jasper

Phani Raj

Apr 19, 2016, 4:13:50 AM4/19/16
to Hippo Community
Hi Team,

Please share your suggetions on my query while i am getting a error AError: Could not find or load main class  and i had added screenshots here .

Phani

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:05:03 PM UTC+5:30, Phani Raj wrote:
error.png

Jasper Floor

Apr 19, 2016, 7:37:17 AM4/19/16
to Hippo Community
Hi,

sorry I haven't really been able to look into this. Could not load main class suggests there is something broken in your distribution. I see you use eclipse, how do you build and deploy? Perhaps you could check if this problem also occurs if you build on the command line.

Phani Raj

Apr 20, 2016, 4:01:06 AM4/20/16
to Hippo Community
Hi Jasper ,

Please find the details :

how do you build and deploy?  --

Perhaps you could check if this problem also occurs if you build on the command line.---(Answer) . I am able to run the gogreen project from command prompt.

First approach i had tried is -- Open my project folder in command prompt and used maven commands  mvn clean and mvn install .Now I am able to see the cms and site and essentials .

Second approach is  -- I had used cargo command to copy the site,cms,essentials war files from target folder to tomcat installation directory and created shared and common folders and copied libs from target/tomcat to tomcat installation directory and catalina.properties and context.xml changed based on the hippo site " http://www.onehippo.org/library/development/import-a-project-into-eclipse.html"  steps .

But when we have imported project unzip folder into eclipse kepler it is not copying  pom.xml which contains three war files configuration and outside of projec gogreen projects .
I had used tomcat vmargs :

-Dcatalina.base="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0" -Dcatalina.home="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0" -Dwtp.deploy="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\wtpwebapps" -Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\endorsed"
-Dlog4j.configuration=file:D:\Hippo Softwares\hippo-work\myhippoproject\conf\log4j-dev.xml
-Dproject.basedir=D:\Hippo Softwares\hippo-work\myhippoproject
-Drepo.path=D:\Hippo Softwares\hippo-work\myhippoproject\storage
-Xms256m -Xmx1024m

Please find the attached documents with this mail .Let me know if any information i had missed here to share with you .

Phani.

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:05:03 PM UTC+5:30, Phani Raj wrote:
Build and Deploy Tomcat server and start server.png
go green project folder structure in my machine.png
gogreen project in eclipse and tomcat configuration.png
tomcat launch configurations in eclipse.png

Mathijs den Burger

Apr 20, 2016, 4:41:27 AM4/20/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pavi,

Out of the box, Hippo can be started on your local machine via the Cargo Maven plugin. That plugin will download Tomcat automatically and deploy Hippo in it. The commands to use are then:

  mvn clean verify (to build the project)
  mvn -P cargo.run (to start the project, let Cargo download Tomcat and deploy Hippo in it)

But it seems you want to deploy Hippo in a separate Tomcat installation. That can easily be done via the 'dist' profile, as documented at [1]. The TL;DR summary of that is to run these commands:

  mvn clean verify (to build the project)
  mvn -Pdist

This will create a .tar.gz file in the target folder. Extract that file in your Tomcat distribution and you'll be good to go. Please read [1] to get more detailed information.

hth,
Mathijs

Niels van Kampenhout

Apr 20, 2016, 2:14:47 PM4/20/16
to Hippo Community
On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Phani Raj <phani2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jasper ,
>
> Please find the details :
>
> how do you build and deploy? --
>
> Perhaps you could check if this problem also occurs if you build on the
> command line.---(Answer) . I am able to run the gogreen project from command
> prompt.
>
> First approach i had tried is -- Open my project folder in command prompt
> and used maven commands mvn clean and mvn install .Now I am able to see the
> cms and site and essentials .
>
> Second approach is -- I had used cargo command to copy the
> site,cms,essentials war files from target folder to tomcat installation
> directory and created shared and common folders and copied libs from
> target/tomcat to tomcat installation directory and catalina.properties and
> context.xml changed based on the hippo site "
> http://www.onehippo.org/library/development/import-a-project-into-eclipse.html"
> steps .
>
> But when we have imported project unzip folder into eclipse kepler it is not
> copying pom.xml which contains three war files configuration and outside of
> projec gogreen projects .

The Eclipse setup described at
http://www.onehippo.org/library/development/import-a-project-into-eclipse.html
was tested with Eclipse Mars. Kepler is a bit older, perhaps there are
differences. So you could try upgrading to Eclipse Mars.

The error messages you posted earlier ("Access is denied") suggest
that this could be a file system permissions issue. The Eclipse
application may not have permission to write in the installation
location of Tomcat. I suggest downloading the zip distribution of
Tomcat from https://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi and unzipping it
in your D:\Hippo Softwares\hippo-work directory.

Hope this helps,
Niels

> I had used tomcat vmargs :
>
> -Dcatalina.base="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0"
> -Dcatalina.home="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0"
> -Dwtp.deploy="C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 8.0\wtpwebapps" -Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\endorsed"
> -Dlog4j.configuration=file:D:\Hippo
> Softwares\hippo-work\myhippoproject\conf\log4j-dev.xml
> -Dproject.basedir=D:\Hippo Softwares\hippo-work\myhippoproject
> -Drepo.path=D:\Hippo Softwares\hippo-work\myhippoproject\storage
> -Xms256m -Xmx1024m
>
> Please find the attached documents with this mail .Let me know if any
> information i had missed here to share with you .
>
> Phani.
>

> On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:05:03 PM UTC+5:30, Phani Raj wrote:
>>
>> Hi Team ,
>>
>> I am new to Hippo and I am looking for install Hippo CMS 10 in my machine
>> , I had not found any Link in "http://www.onehippo.org/" and
>> http://www.onehippo.org/en/ , let me know where i can found to download /
>> install the hippo in my machine .
>>
>> Phani

Phani Raj

May 12, 2016, 2:23:00 AM5/12/16
to Hippo Community

Hi Team ,

i wan to do more explore on "List" Feature in Hippo CMS 10.2 ,Can you share the information where i can found more informaiton on this feature and how to implement this feature in hippo cms any video tutorials or sample examples .Please share with me.

Phani.

Niels van Kampenhout

May 12, 2016, 10:04:46 AM5/12/16
to Hippo Community
I recommend you follow the "Building a Website" tutorial. Once you get to [1] you will use the List component to create a products overview page.

Hope this helps.

Phani Raj

May 18, 2016, 9:04:32 AM5/18/16
to Hippo Community

Hi Team ,

Can you please share the information ," how to integrate hippo cms with hybris "

Phani.

yalava...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2017, 5:08:59 AM3/6/17
to Hippo Community
Hi Phani,

I'm also new to Hippo but I'm looking for install Hippo CMS in my system. please provide  that reletad zip files or links,

Thanks
Kiran.

Jasper Floor

Mar 6, 2017, 5:13:20 AM3/6/17
to Hippo Community

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)