Deployment: Multiple site webapps deployment

Siya Ntombela

Apr 23, 2014, 3:54:17 AM4/23/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd like to find out if Hippo (7.9) supports deployment of multiple site.wars in a single container? (ie. site.war, site1.war, site2.war)

Thank you.

Regards,
Siya

Please read our email disclaimer. It sets out our position on the content, integrity and security of this confidential email and explains what to do if you have received it in error.

Oscar Scholten

Apr 23, 2014, 8:53:46 AM4/23/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Siya,

We are planning to add support for this feature as part of the 7.9 GA release, which is scheduled to be released 2 to 3 months from now. Currently, Hippo CMS 7.9.0 does not yet support deployment of multiple site.wars in a single container.

The work we are planning to do is based on several feature requests from customers. We would like to hear more about your specific use case or technical needs as we would like to validate our approach to as many scenarios as possible.

Kind regards,

--
*** The 2014 Hippo GetTogether will take place on May 16 in Amsterdam, register at http://hgt14.onehippo.org ***

Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Ard Schrijvers

Apr 23, 2014, 10:35:09 AM4/23/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Oscar Scholten <o.sch...@onehippo.com> wrote:
> Hi Siya,
>
> We are planning to add support for this feature as part of the 7.9 GA
> release, which is scheduled to be released 2 to 3 months from now.
> Currently, Hippo CMS 7.9.0 does not yet support deployment of multiple
> site.wars in a single container.

Well, a tiny bit more specific is to say that the channel manager
currently not yet supports multiple site wars but only the (sub)sites
of a single war. If it is acceptable to only show the sites of a
single war in the channel manager, then you are already good to go
with 7.9 FCS

Regards Ard
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

siyabonga...@quirk.biz

Apr 23, 2014, 10:51:04 AM4/23/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com, siyabonga...@quirk.biz
Thanks for the speedy feedback guys.

Our use case requires that we run 3 or more sites off the same CMS (CMS.war) with different content folders. But the downside is when site3 gets a major update, all three sites would have to be taken down for the redeployment process.

Unless there's another way around this?

Regards,
Siya

Ard Schrijvers

Apr 23, 2014, 11:00:23 AM4/23/14
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM, <siyabonga...@quirk.biz> wrote:
> Thanks for the speedy feedback guys.
>
> Our use case requires that we run 3 or more sites off the same CMS (CMS.war)
> with different content folders. But the downside is when site3 gets a major
> update, all three sites would have to be taken down for the redeployment
> process.

Your use case is a valid one and exactly why we will add the multi
site war support.

> Unless there's another way around this?

You can currently already work as you now explained if you for now
accept that only one of the site war its site can be exposed in the
channel manager. Then you are good to go with the 7.9.0 FCS. As
mentioned, in the GA, we will include multi site war support.

Regards Ard

Jeroen Reijn