Sitemenu Customization

Prabudoss H

Jul 31, 2017, 1:02:20 PM7/31/17
to Hippo Community

Would like to know what are the available options for sitemenu customization. Here are the list of customizations requested by our client

  1. Limit the number of items to be added to the Site Menu. Adding parameter names/values and retrieving through sitemenu item api could be server side solution. But that doesn't stop the authors from adding the items through GUI. Lets just say we are to limit just 6 items as L1 nav and beyond that the author/admin should not be able to add. Similarly we want some level of settings for L2 and L3 levels also
  2. Display images in the Sitemenu. Currently we can either add documents/pages but as per the requirement we should be able to have images with CTA links as navigation element at Level-3 for instance. Just check the image below.

Thanks,

Prabu