How to add external library to Hippo site?

Rafael

Jun 7, 2018, 10:31:14 PM6/7/18
to Hippo Community
Hello all

I have a required to work with this auth library - https://github.com/acquia/http-hmac-java, which I'm able to download, build and maven-install to my local repo for local dev.

What would be the best way to propagate this library to other environments (qa/prod/etc.)?
I tried adding the compiled jar to \site\src\main\resources and referencing it as a dependency in my site pom, but that doesn't seem to work very well. What did I miss?

    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.acquia</groupId>
      <artifactId>http-hmac-java</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <scope>system</scope>
      <systemPath>${project.basedir}/src/main/resources/http-hmac-java-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar</systemPath>
    </dependency>

[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for com.staples.chcms:chcms-site:war:0.1.66
[WARNING] 'dependencies.dependency.systemPath' for com.acquia:http-hmac-java:jar should not point at files within the project directory, ${project.basedir}/src/main/resources/http-hmac-java-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar will be unresolvable by dependent projects @ com.example.project:project-site:[unknown-version], C:\Example\example.project\site\pom.xml, line 109, column 19

Thanks in advance for your help!
-Rafael

Marijan Milicevic

Jun 8, 2018, 4:48:19 AM6/8/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
bot really hippo related is it?

You can install those artifacts locally buy running mvn install  or mvn clean install
But this will work on your machine only (other devs would need to do the same )

cheers
marijan

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Jasper Floor

Jun 8, 2018, 4:50:13 AM6/8/18
to Hippo Community
I suggest you install the jar into a maven repo. Not a local one but a shared maven server. Otherwise the error is clear, you should not point at files within the project directory. You can put the file in another location.

mvg,
Jasper

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 4:31 AM, Rafael <rafael....@gmail.com> wrote:

Woonsan Ko

Jun 8, 2018, 9:45:14 AM6/8/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com

-Rafael

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)