Split up YAML on autoexport automatically for easier fine-grained diffing

Marcel Riegler

Jun 14, 2018, 11:02:13 AM6/14/18
to Hippo Community
Autoexport puts all documents in a folder into the same YAML file. I know i could manually split those up into single files per document/handle, but that would be a LOT of work.

Is there a way to either configure autoexport to create more separate files, or maybe a way to hook into the Java to change this behaviour?

Peter Centgraf

Jun 21, 2018, 6:52:13 AM6/21/18
to Hippo Community
This isn't configurable at the moment, but we've considered this as a possible feature improvement. There's a single class LocationMapper in the hippo-repository-engine module that controls the file-splitting behavior for newly-exported files. Changing the rules defined there currently requires forking the code and doing a custom build from source, which is a pretty extreme measure.

We have also improved the default rules based on feedback in the past, so if you submit a JIRA ticket with some specific suggestions, that would be helpful.