Hippo with Nuxeo Integration- Display External document on site

sehgal.h...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2016, 8:59:08 AM2/5/16
to Hippo Community
Hi

This is in reference to my previous post, which dealt with Hippo Nuxeo  integration
http://www.onehippo.org/library/about/cms-forums.html?place=msg%2Fhippo-community%2FOJNRuJngmNI%2FZL9GCxB6EAAJ

We succeeded in hitting the web service and getting the list of assets from Nuxeo into the external document picker in Hippo CMS, but were unable to Display the same content on website post publish. How to map the field in ftl/jsp?
Also in case of images we would like to save the docbytes in the CMS itself.
Really stuck!! Please  Help!!!

Also their is no mapping of the field in the Bean of the document.

Thanks in advance

Hitesh Sehgal

sehgal.h...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2016, 9:03:44 AM2/5/16
to Hippo Community, sehgal.h...@gmail.com

 I would also like to add that we need to hit another web service on selection of the image from Nuxeo. any pointers for that?

Woonsan Ko

Feb 5, 2016, 9:08:57 AM2/5/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
How do you store the selected data (from Nuxeo) in hippo document? Do
you store it in a property? Can you specify it with an example?

Woonsan
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

w....@onehippo.com www.onehippo.com
Boston - 745 Atlantic Ave, 8th Floor, Boston MA 02111
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466

soura...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2016, 2:59:14 AM2/8/16
to Hippo Community
Hey Woonsan

Right now we just implemented the steps listed in the test suite. This basically was the question, Where and how to store the images, ie. what would be the best practice to do so.
 For Convenience the problem can be broken into following parts:

1.we needed to call the web-service delivering icons and short description on click of browse button(Thanks to you, we implemented this step in no time).
2. need to call 2nd web service giving us the doc bytes of the image(? pending :(
3. Need to store the image in the document so that it could be displayed on the website.(? STUCK).
please help.
Thanks in advance
Hitesh Sehgal

sehgal.h...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2016, 6:17:28 AM2/8/16
to Hippo Community, soura...@gmail.com
Hi

We succeeded in calling the second webservice too but how to represent that image in cms or the step 3 in previous reply is still pending. A li'l critical issue.

Please help
Hitesh Sehgal

Woonsan Ko

Feb 8, 2016, 9:01:40 AM2/8/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 1:51 AM, <soura...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Woonsan
>
> Right now we just implemented the steps listed in the test suite. This
> basically was the question, Where and how to store the images, ie. what
> would be the best practice to do so.
>>
>> For Convenience the problem can be broken into following parts:
>

>> 1.we needed to call the web-service delivering icons and short description
>> on click of browse button(Thanks to you, we implemented this step in no
>> time).
>>
>> 2. need to call 2nd web service giving us the doc bytes of the image(?
>> pending :( )
>>
>> 3. Need to store the image in the document so that it could be displayed
>> on the website.(? STUCK).

One easy solution might be to store the image download URL from Nuxeo
in the document, not the whole binary data in hippo document.
So, in the delivery tier, you can simply render the URL as image source.

Regards,

Woonsan

sehgal.h...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2016, 9:25:29 AM2/8/16
to Hippo Community
but that would require firing authentication parameters everytime. any other suggestions?

PS: You have been a great mentor. Will be forever indebted to you.

Woonsan Ko

Feb 8, 2016, 9:49:20 AM2/8/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
I don't have an expertise in Nuxeo, so I don't know how to grant
access to those image resources without authentication, which I
thought could be an easy solution.

Anyway, if it doesn't work and If you need to deal with only small
size of icons and images from Nuxeo, then you might want to pursue
these instead:
- When user select an image resource in Nuxeo and when you are to save
the selection(s), you can store the binary data into
/content/gallery/${myhippoproject}/... by creating folders and nodes
in your specific rules (e.g,
/content/gallery/myhippoproject/dms/ca/fe/cafe-babe-....png*). You can
use JCR API to store the nodes, mimicking how Hippo default image
gallery nodes are stored.
- And, store the gallery image set node UUID into the document
property (instead of nuxeo url).
- Then, your image link generation will be the same as normal hippo
gallery image by using <@hst.link hippobean=document.dmsImage/> for
instance.

Another approach is, if the amount of images from Nuxeo is limited, to
use Hippo CMIS Replication forge module [1], which simply replicates
Nuxeo docs such as pdfs to hippo asset folder periodically. I haven't
tried with images, but images can be treated as an asset (without
thumbnail support in assets though) and so it can be generated to link
like above easily, too. But in this case, users need to select an
asset in hippo instead of Nuxeo directly.

So, it's up to you and depends on your requirements.

HTH,

Woonsan

[1] http://cmisreplication.forge.onehippo.org/index.html

sehgal.h...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2016, 9:54:55 AM2/8/16
to Hippo Community
Hey
Thanks a million. First approach is what i was looking for.

Regards and indebted
Hitesh Sehgal