Unable to use Hippo repository simultaneously by multiple Tomcat instances

mykeyst...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2016, 7:44:13 AM8/26/16
to Hippo Community
I am using two Tomcat instances on two different ports.I have created .separate .war files as mentioned here(https://www.onehippo.org/library/enterprise/installation-and-configuration/create-separate-distributions-for-cms-and-site.html) and configured Tomcat as mentioned here(https://www.onehippo.org/library/enterprise/installation-and-configuration/linux-installation-manual.html) and deployed the .tar or .war files as mentioned below.
1st instance contains CMS,Site,Repository.
2nd instance contains Site and Repository.

I am using Hippo Local File system in stead of MySQL. and copied the repository.xml file for LocalFileSystem(https://github.com/mdenburger/hippo/blob/master/repository/resources/src/main/resources/org/hippoecm/repository/repository.xml).

Now the issues I am facing are
Case [1]:1st instance started first:1st instance is running perfectly,the Site(localhost:9080/site) module of 2nd instance is showing "Server Error"
Case [2]:2nd instance started first: 2nd instance(localhost:9080/site) is running perfectly,but Site(localhost:8080/site) gives "Server Error" and CMS(localhost:8080/cms) gives localhost:8080/cms/wicket/bookmarkable/org.hippoecm.frontend.NoRepositoryAvailablePage

In both the cases,Site module of both instances synced well.

What should I do so that both instances run simultaneously and synced perfectly.

mykeyst...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2016, 7:33:33 AM8/29/16
to Hippo Community, mykeyst...@gmail.com
Sorry....1st instance contains CMS,Site and 2nd instance contains Site and Repository.
I am getting perfect output using MySQL but facing the issue using Hippo Local File System.
Please help me out!

Ard Schrijvers

Aug 29, 2016, 12:12:26 PM8/29/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com, mykeyst...@gmail.com
I don't think clustering is supported for local file system.

Regards Ard

> Please help me out!
>
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

mykeyst...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2016, 3:04:31 AM8/30/16
to Hippo Community, mykeyst...@gmail.com
Hi Ard,

Thanks for reply.Can you please confirm whether Hippo Local File System supports Clustering or not.I have done the whole project with this.So I have to do a lot of hard work in order to change the data base system.

Waiting for your response.

Regards,
Srinivas

Ard Schrijvers

Aug 30, 2016, 3:55:46 AM8/30/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Srinivas,

Jackrabbit seems to document it supports clustering with a shared file
system as storage [1]. If you get it to work, it is not a supported
setup by Hippo so we can't give support in case of issues,

HTH,

Regards Ard

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering#File_Journal

mykeyst...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2016, 2:14:15 AM8/31/16
to Hippo Community
Hey Ard,

I found your link helpful.Thanks again.Just one more thing,can you please provide link of repository.xml for (Hippo)Local File System.
It will be also very helpful if you can mention the specific changes required in configuration(in whole setup) in order to use it for clustering.

Regards,
Srinivas

Ard Schrijvers

Aug 31, 2016, 3:14:26 AM8/31/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 8:14 AM, <mykeyst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Ard,
>
> I found your link helpful.Thanks again.Just one more thing,can you please
> provide link of repository.xml for (Hippo)Local File System.

The default for local developemt uses file system. You can find it at
[1]. However this does not include clustering. As said, we do not
support clustering for local filesystem.

For more about these deployment questions, I recommend to contact
helpdesk / sales because we have formal support for helping out with
deployments

HTH,

Regards Ard

[1] https://code.onehippo.org/cms-community/hippo-repository/tree/master/resources/src/main/resources/org/hippoecm/repository/repository.xml

mykeyst...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2016, 7:12:24 AM9/1/16
to Hippo Community
Hi Ard,

Thanks again.Can you please provide me the JNDI resource or the whole context.xml file for Local File System.
The repository.xml file which you shared does not contain any DataSource element.Is that to be so?

Regards,
Srinivas

Ard Schrijvers

Sep 1, 2016, 7:18:57 AM9/1/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 1:12 PM, <mykeyst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ard,
>
> Thanks again.Can you please provide me the JNDI resource or the whole
> context.xml file for Local File System.

I don't think you need a JNDI resource for local filesystem.

I'd recommend to see if you can find this information on Jackrabbit
documentation because hippo repo is on top of JR and behaves similar
in this respect

Regards Ard

mykeyst...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2016, 8:52:37 AM9/1/16
to Hippo Community
Hey Ard,

Thanks again.I am removing the JNDI code from context.xml as per your opinion.
Can you please tell me.......Do I need to configure the repository as -Drepo.bootstrap=true instead of -Drepo.bootstrap=false in setenv.bat of both Authoring Server(CMS & SITE) and Delivery Server(SITE & REPOSITORY).

Regards,
Srinivas

Ate Douma

Sep 1, 2016, 9:44:52 AM9/1/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
As I just also replied on a different question, Hippo requires a database as
backend for the repository.
Using file system as datasource will not work and thus isn't supported.

With regard to your question concerning repo.bootstrap, see [1], topic "Enable
Bootstrap".

HTH, Ate

[1]
https://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/content-repository/repository-deployment-settings.html

On 2016-09-01 14:52, mykeyst...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey Ard,
>
> Thanks again.I am removing the JNDI code from context.xml as per your opinion.
> Can you please tell me.......Do I need to configure the repository as
> -Drepo.bootstrap*=true *instead of -Drepo.bootstrap*=false *in**setenv.bat of
> both Authoring Server(CMS & SITE) and Delivery Server(SITE & REPOSITORY).
>
> Regards,
> Srinivas
>
> On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 4:48:57 PM UTC+5:30, a.schrijvers wrote:
>
> https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50 <https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50>

> <https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

> https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50 <https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50>

> <https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

> https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50 <https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50>

> <https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
> >> Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
> >> states of America.
> >>
> >> US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
> >> Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
> >> www.onehippo.com <http://www.onehippo.com>
> >
> > --
> > Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> > Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> <javascript:>
> > RSS:
> >
> https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50 <https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50>
>
> > ---
> > "Hippo Community" group.
> > email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> <https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --
> Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
> Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
> states of America.
>
> US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
> Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
> www.onehippo.com <http://www.onehippo.com>
>
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> Community" group.
> to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com>.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

mailto:in...@onehippo.com http://www.onehippo.com http://www.onehippo.org
Hippo B.V. The Netherlands Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam +31 (0)20 522 4466
Hippo USA Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor, Boston MA 02110 +1 877 414 4776
waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient
is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

mykeyst...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2016, 5:29:40 AM9/6/16
to Hippo Community
Hi,

Thanks a lot.Now I have moved from File System to MySQL.
Can you please specify where images,pdfs,assets.. are getting stored inside MySQL means in which tables and how...I want to know the details of the schema.

Regards,
Srinivas