How to use Menus component?

Eric Nguyen personal

Mar 30, 2015, 6:16:22 AM3/30/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
1) In my base-layout.ftl, how do I include essentials-menu.ftl which is the template for Menus component?
2) How do I add items to this menu?
I've dragged and dropped it to my home page for testing and it shows nothing!
In the CMS Channel Manager, it appears very confusing, I don't see the items anywhere:

Tobias Jeger

Mar 30, 2015, 6:56:42 AM3/30/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

I believe the default menu name would be "main". There is no UI yet for creating additional menues, unless you go to the Hippo Console (I'm not 100% sure how much of the old URL en Navigation Management functionality UI is still present and working in this respect).

So much about visibility of the menu. Editing is a funny thing. We've set up the default template to render a "Edit Menu" button, which, if you're in the Template Composer's Edit mode *and* your menu component is *not* inside a container, opens up the new 7.9 menu editing dialog. However, if your menu component is in a container, clicking the Edit Menu button will open the component parameter dialog, which takes precedence over the menu editing dialog. AFAIK, this is still a hick-up in the Template Composer that needs to be addressed.

cheers

Tobi

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Mathijs den Burger

Mar 31, 2015, 10:13:05 AM3/31/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Tobias Jeger <t.j...@onehippo.com> wrote:
Hi Eric,

I believe the default menu name would be "main". There is no UI yet for creating additional menues, unless you go to the Hippo Console (I'm not 100% sure how much of the old URL en Navigation Management functionality UI is still present and working in this respect).

So much about visibility of the menu. Editing is a funny thing. We've set up the default template to render a "Edit Menu" button, which, if you're in the Template Composer's Edit mode *and* your menu component is *not* inside a container, opens up the new 7.9 menu editing dialog. However, if your menu component is in a container, clicking the Edit Menu button will open the component parameter dialog, which takes precedence over the menu editing dialog. AFAIK, this is still a hick-up in the Template Composer that needs to be addressed.

Wild guess: in the CSS of your page, try adding this:

  .hst-cmseditlink {
    z-index: 200;
  }

The channel manager overlay (with the yellow dotted lines) hovers in front of the page at z-index 100, so using a bigger z-index for the edit content button markup should enable the click event.

Mathijs