Best practice for compile-time configuration

Marcel Riegler

Jun 15, 2018, 6:47:16 AM6/15/18
to Hippo Community
Hi,

I'd like to add some configuration into my site. I have very limited experience with the technologies involved in Hippo (mostly only did Play Framework until now), so while I know i could just add a resource and read it manually, i assume theres a idiomatic way to do this.

What i'd like to do with this configuration:
* Inject into classes via Spring (so the class doesnt need to care about retrieving its own information)
* Override parts of it via a local (on a developer machine) file. Maybe theres a file path configured that every developer needs to change themselves.
* Have separate configs for different deployments, especially local. Maybe the host name for some service isn't localhost anymore, but some IP when running locally.

What are my options with this? I'd really appreciate help, even if its 'just' a link to some documentation or something.

Thank you for your help.

Jasper Floor

Jun 15, 2018, 10:23:13 AM6/15/18
to Hippo Community
Hi,

not exactly sure what you are looking for, but these pages may be of some help:

For hosts we generally just add all relevant configurations to the project, or configurations can be saved and restored on deployment (but that isn't built in).

Hope this helps somewhat.

mvg,
Jasper

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)