Regarding image variants and detecting mobile / tablet / desktop

Matjaž Trček

Jan 23, 2017, 8:53:24 AM1/23/17
to Hippo Community
In documentation at:

It is stated "Now, assume you now want to show the hippogogreengallery:mobilethumbnail for mobile devices, the hippogogreengallery:largethumbnail for a tablet, and the hippogallery:original for a normal website. The following template snippets do this (assuming you have stored the device info in device)".

I presume that device as a variable is meant for a developer to implement on a backend site something like for example User agent detection and then store it in the variable which is then accessed in jsp/ftl?
Or is it something already built-in hippo for accessing the kind of device accessing the page / component?

Marijan Milicevic

Jan 23, 2017, 9:44:07 AM1/23/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as far as I know, we have no device detection built in, so you would need to come up with your own solution for this,
cheers
marijan

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)