Hippo 12: Manage Configuration how to split configuration?

Michel.Drenthe

Feb 8, 2018, 6:41:29 AM2/8/18
to Hippo Community
Following the upgrade manual i come across the following articel: Manage Configuration

It explains Group, Project, Modules.

I have a project where i have the following split:
Config, Content, Site (end result still one war), shared webfiles

My first thought would be to split the configuration based on there label on Project level. Only it is still within one code base.
What would be the advice on splitting a multi channel project?

First idea:
Group: my-big-company
Project: (my-big-company, label-1), (my-big-company, label-2), (my-big-company, label-3, after:label-2)
Module: (label-1, config), (label-1, content, after:config), (label-1, web), (label-2, config), (label-2, content, after:config), (label-3, config), (label-3, content, after:config)

Tobias Jeger

Feb 8, 2018, 10:24:24 AM2/8/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michel,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but to the extend I get it, I suspect you're trying to make things more complex than necessary. If the project is all in a single (multi-module) Maven project, I'd suggest to use a single project name. At the module level, the easiest is to stick with a 1-to-1 mapping between Maven modules and HCM modules, but since CMS 12 is better at dealing with content (and keeps content sources separate from config sources), you may want to simplify your project and collapse the config and content modules into a single module. The CMS 12 archetype (and documentation) uses the name "application" for this module. Also, if you have a separate module for the HST "configuration", which, in HCM-terms, is a mix of config and content, you may want to consider integrating that into the consolidated "application" module as well, after the esv2yaml migration. Keep the webfiles in a separate module, though; webfiles currently doesn't "like" the combination with HCM sources.

hope this helps

Tobi

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this message may be confidential or privileged and is only intended for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested by Qualogy to report this to the sender and to delete the message and you are notified that the use or distribution of the information contained in this message is strictly prohibited and unlawful.

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Michel.Drenthe

Feb 9, 2018, 9:53:50 AM2/9/18
to Hippo Community
Hi Tobi,

Thank you for the response.
We have started this project with a single new terms: Application and Development.
When the project grow and more developers and more labels joined there is the need to have the Application and Development configuration per label.
What we didn't do yet is separate the multi module project into multiple sup project where at the end it will be still one CMS and separate site wars.

Greets,

Michel