Navigation Menu

Ahmet KOCYIGIT

Dec 21, 2015, 4:31:53 AM12/21/15
to Hippo Community
Hello everybody,

I am new user for hippo cms. I want to make navigation menu like this: EXAMPLE WEB PAGE

I found js code for it but how can i do ? Which will use freemarker file?

thank you friends for your help.

Oscar Scholten

Dec 21, 2015, 12:18:51 PM12/21/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ahmet,

Welcome! Did you find our tutorials at:

As one of the steps in that tutorial, the site is enhanced with a navigation menu:

Can you give us a bit more context as to where you are stuck?

Cheers, Oscar

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 745 Atlantic Ave, 8th Floor, MA 02111

Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
US +1 877 414 4776
www.onehippo.com | www.onehippo.org

Ahmet KOCYIGIT

Dec 21, 2015, 1:53:19 PM12/21/15
to Hippo Community
Hello Oscar,

I completed tutorials and i made a navigation menu like "gogreen" too. But i want to make menu as " https://www.mirsis.com.tr/MainPage " .
I hope i was explanatory.
thank you foryour help.

Tobias Jeger

Dec 22, 2015, 2:55:04 AM12/22/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ahmet,

if your question is how to make sure your JS-based drop-down menu work, you need two things:

1) render the necessary HTML in the template (of type FTL, I presume) of the appropriate page component
    (see the standard MenuComponent [1] for reference), and
2) make sure that the JS is available in the site. This can be done by statically including it in the root template of your site, or by making a head-contribution [2] from a child component of a page which desired to render the menu.

If I misunderstood you and you would like to generate a menu based on repository *content* instead, have a look at the "repository-based menu" section in [3].

HTH

Tobi

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com