Save without filing in required fields in hippo

Prabudoss H

Jan 18, 2018, 4:14:28 PM1/18/18
to Hippo Community
Hi,

Is there a possibility to save & close without filing in the required fields in the template during the page creation?

The client requests is that there could be situations when they wouldn't have complete information to create a page and it sometimes become an iterative process. For instance, creating a marketing page for event.

Appreciate more details on this if this is achievable in hippo

Hippo v11.2.1

Thx,
Prabu

Mathijs den Burger

Jan 22, 2018, 4:10:18 AM1/22/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:14 PM, Prabudoss H <prabu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Is there a possibility to save & close without filing in the required fields in the template during the page creation?

Do you mean required properties of a component? AFAIK that's not possible. Required fields must be filled in.

It sounds like your customer does not want certain fields to be required. So why not remove the 'required' option for those fields?

best,
Mathijs

Prabudoss H

Jan 22, 2018, 9:59:35 AM1/22/18
to Hippo Community
Thanks for the reply Mathijs. We can't remove them as they are mandatory fields in the preview or published scenario. I am wondering if we can tap into "Save" and/or "Save & Close" event to just save them w/ or w/o filing in the mandatory fields that way the page can be authored iteratively. This is very synonymous to filing in a very long application form, for instance passport application form which runs through pages. I can save it and close it w/o filing in the mandatory fields

Please let me know if this is possible, thx

Jasper Floor

Jan 23, 2018, 4:41:43 AM1/23/18
to Hippo Community
You could customize the publish event to check if certain fields are filled. However, this would mean you cannot use the standard required validator. You'd have to add your own property to check.

mvg,
Jasper

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Marijan Milicevic

Jan 23, 2018, 4:47:23 AM1/23/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Jasper Floor <jasper...@bloomreach.com> wrote:
You could customize the publish event to check if certain fields are filled. However, this would mean you cannot use the standard required validator. You'd have to add your own property to check.

isn't it so that we always persist fields once you press save and close? I mean, you get validation errors and your document is left open, but logging out and coming back opens the same document with data already there?
You just cannot close the document..
cheers
marijan

Michiel Rop

Jasper Floor

Jan 23, 2018, 4:58:43 AM1/23/18
to Hippo Community

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:47 AM Marijan Milicevic <marijan.milicevic@bloomreach.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Jasper Floor <jasper...@bloomreach.com> wrote:
You could customize the publish event to check if certain fields are filled. However, this would mean you cannot use the standard required validator. You'd have to add your own property to check.

isn't it so that we always persist fields once you press save and close? I mean, you get validation errors and your document is left open, but logging out and coming back opens the same document with data already there?
You just cannot close the document..

The draft is always saved, but as you say you cannot close the document. From a UX pov it's not very nice.

mvg,
Jasper

[...]

Mathijs den Burger

Jan 23, 2018, 8:34:39 AM1/23/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
IIUC this issue is not about required document fields. It's about required component parameters. Right?

Mathijs