VirtualHostGroup with Rest Conflicting Mounts

koev

Mar 11, 2016, 6:14:05 AM3/11/16
to Hippo Community
Hi,

basically I have a hostgroup for each stage. I am using the following group (created in the console) which works. CMS and the Site have different urls.

example for test.de
prod-group
 de
  test
   hst
:root
      rest
(alias:rest)
 de
  cmstest
    hst
:root
      rest
(alias:rest)

I created a blueprint to create a new site. I also added a mount to the blueprint and the submount "rest" with alias rest. When I now execute the blueprint for creating the channel for test2.de I get the following error:

Incorrect hst:hosts configuration. Not allowed to have multiple mount's having the same 'alias/type/types' combination within a single hst:hostgroup. Failed for mount 'rest' in hostgroup 'prod-group' for host 'test.de'. Make sure that you add a unique 'alias' in combination with the 'types' on the mount within a single hostgroup. The mount 'rest' cannot be used for lookup. Change alias for it. Conflicting mounts are MountService [jcrPath=/hst:hst/hst:hosts/prod-group/de/test/hst:root/rest, hostName=....] that conflicts with MountService [jcrPath=/hst:hst/hst:hosts/prod-group/de/test2/hst:root/rest, hostName=test2.de]

Does this mean, if I use the same /rest context (alias) for multiple channels I need a virtualhostgroup for each channel?

Ard Schrijvers

Mar 15, 2016, 5:01:29 AM3/15/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 12:14 PM, 'koev' via Hippo Community
<hippo-c...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> basically I have a hostgroup for each stage. I am using the following group
> (created in the console) which works. CMS and the Site have different urls.
>
> example for test.de
> prod-group
> de
> test
> hst:root
> rest (alias:rest)
> de
> cmstest
> hst:root
> rest (alias:rest)

Having two mounts with same hst:alias within one hostgroup is not
allowed. Do I understand correctly that cmstest.de is some kind of
alias of test.de? Aliasing host names is at this moment not supported.

By the way, why are the 'test' hosts in the 'prod-group' hostgroup? I
would think 'test' hosts belong in the 'test-group'

Regards Ard

> I created a blueprint to create a new site. I also added a mount to the
> blueprint and the submount "rest" with alias rest. When I now execute the
> blueprint for creating the channel for test2.de I get the following error:
>

> Incorrect hst:hosts configuration. Not allowed to have multiple mount's
> having the same 'alias/type/types' combination within a single
> hst:hostgroup. Failed for mount 'rest' in hostgroup 'prod-group' for host
> 'test.de'. Make sure that you add a unique 'alias' in combination with the
> 'types' on the mount within a single hostgroup. The mount 'rest' cannot be
> used for lookup. Change alias for it. Conflicting mounts are MountService
> [jcrPath=/hst:hst/hst:hosts/prod-group/de/test/hst:root/rest, hostName=....]
> that conflicts with MountService
> [jcrPath=/hst:hst/hst:hosts/prod-group/de/test2/hst:root/rest,
> hostName=test2.de]
>
> Does this mean, if I use the same /rest context (alias) for multiple
> channels I need a virtualhostgroup for each channel?
>
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

koev

Mar 15, 2016, 6:08:40 AM3/15/16
to Hippo Community
Hi,

test.de was just an example (maybe a bad one). I ll start over with another example ;)

prod-group
 de
  werder-bremen
   hst
:root
      rest
(alias:rest)
 de
  hertha-bsc
   hst
:root
      rest
(alias:rest)
 de
  football
   cms
    hst
:root
      rest
(alias:rest)

Imagine a hippo application that runs multiple football pages with mutliple domains for the sites. For the cms backend the url cms.football.de is used. The /rest services should be available for all sites and for the cms.football.de url too. If I understand it right I would end up with three hostgroups for one stage:

prod-group-werder-bremen
 de
  werder-bremen
   hst
:root
      rest
(alias:rest)

prod-group-hertha-bsc
 de
  hertha-bsc
   hst
:root
      rest
(alias:rest)

prod-group-football-cms
de
  football
   cms
    hst
:root
      rest
(alias:rest)

Is that correct?

We'll have sth. between 20-40 urls, so in that case we will end up with a lot of hostgroups because we also have four stages.

Ard Schrijvers

Mar 15, 2016, 6:59:39 AM3/15/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 11:08 AM, 'koev' via Hippo Community
<hippo-c...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> test.de was just an example (maybe a bad one). I ll start over with another
> example ;)
>
> prod-group
> de
> werder-bremen
> hst:root
> rest (alias:rest)
> de
> hertha-bsc
> hst:root
> rest (alias:rest)
> de
> football
> cms
> hst:root
> rest (alias:rest)
>
> Imagine a hippo application that runs multiple football pages with mutliple
> domains for the sites. For the cms backend the url cms.football.de is used.

In general you do not need to add a site host for the cms. Instead, on
a hostgroup, you add a cms:location. For example on your 'prod-group'
you add:

hst:cmslocation = cms.football.de

If you do that and preview the channel, then also the rest calls
(/rest) should be available in the channel mngr preview if I recall
correctly. You can check this with the gogreen demo I think.

> The /rest services should be available for all sites and for the
> cms.football.de url too. If I understand it right I would end up with three
> hostgroups for one stage:
>

> prod-group-werder-bremen
> de
> werder-bremen
> hst:root
> rest (alias:rest)
>
> prod-group-hertha-bsc
> de
> hertha-bsc
> hst:root
> rest (alias:rest)

This shouldn't be needed: In general, hostgroups are only used to
differentiate between 'dev', 'test', 'acct', 'prod', etc and not to
group different hosts : All hosts for all production sites can/should
be in one hostgroup.

The problem is that an hst:alian within one hostgroup has to be
unique: Namely if you for example right something like

<hst:link path="foo" alias="rest"/>

then if you have two mounts with alias 'rest', the HST does not know
which link to create.

The simplest fix is to just have alias = 'rest-werder-bremen' and
alias = 'rest-hertha-bsc'. *But*, perhaps you have the requirement
that the same jsp/ftl is used for both channels and that you thus
cannot write in your jsp/ftl

<hst:link path="foo" alias="rest-hertha-bsc"/> or <hst:link path="foo"
alias='rest-werder-bremen'/>

If that is your use case, there is a more advanced alias mapping
available as well. This requires however a bit more explanation (and
time). Is it perhaps possible that you contact Hippo helpdesk / sales?
If you are already a customer, we can best support this via a formal
ticket to help you out with your setup

HTH,

Regards Ard