How to enable/disable publish button in channel manager

Norman Rehbein

May 18, 2017, 5:47:37 AM5/18/17
to Hippo Community
Hello!!

I have a small question:

We use hippo cms 10.2.3 enterprise edition.

I cannot find the 'publish button' in the preview-mode of the channel manager.

According to the workflow documentation it should go like this: --->
"To publish the changes you have to first go to the preview mode, by clicking "Save & Close" and then clicking the "Publish" button."

My Problem: I cannot 'click the Publish button'. (As it is not visible somehow).

I think it is probably disabled somewhere and I would appreciate it if you could help with this :)

Dear regards,
Norman

Tobias Jeger

May 18, 2017, 6:39:50 AM5/18/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Norman,

the publish changes button should appear if the CMS finds that you (the user account in which you're logged in) have made (and saved, if you changed e.g. component properties) changes to the channel you're currently looking at. So, if you don't see the button, there could be multiple reasons. Can you check if

- there are changes
- the changes have been saved
- the user account matches

If this doesn't help, pease tell us what kind of a change you made that doesn't trigger the publish button. (I believe that, in 10.2.x, changes to the Channel Settings would take immediate effect, so that could be the reason for having no Publish button).

HTH

Tobi

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Norman Rehbein

May 18, 2017, 11:06:01 AM5/18/17
to Hippo Community
Thanks for the fast feedback!

Gladly I will answer you:

FYI: the user account i am logged in with has admin rights and to make sure I also added all other roles.
->There are changes ( adding sitemenu items)
well, on save and close no error pops up atleast.

A quick look into the log.. sorry about that, I should have done earlier, reported a ChannelNotFoundException, no channel found with id xyz.
(Though they are displayed in the cms and the nodes do exist in the console)

Okay, I will try to look into that and fix it.

I will be back, if I need you help again!

Dear Regards,
Norman